Kim Kardashian T-Mobile Commercial

yagami

I'm not really sure. The photoshop is a bit too unrealistic, so I felt like there may have been a joke there. The blatant narcissism also seems like a joke, though maybe unintentional. Though then again, it is kind of true that so many men are obsessed with those sorts of pictures. The downvotes signify a backlash to the trend, but it is likely one of those Justin Bieber type backlashes, where people hate it because people love it.

I would guess that the downvoters feel betrayed. The video can be interpreted as having a fake emotional tone. I guess many viewers react badly to obvious "acted" fake emotions.

I understand the commercial as a joke on the tone of videos that for example try to raise donations to fund education for poor children in Africa. Probably many downvoters felt that it is misplaced to mix a joke with an "elicit-empathy-and-donation-tone". I see it also as a self deprecating joke by Kim regarding her own superficiality.

That said, I guess the video was meant to polarize viewers to increase views and shares.

Any thoughts on this?

My initial reaction is, "I don't care." I felt nothing watching this ad.

Maybe because I don't buy into her celebrity status. I checked her out once while boarding a plane and had no idea who she was. When I realized it I didn't care, just looked like a pretty girl to me.

Her acting is terrible in this Ad, emotionless and bland. I don't find her ass attractive. But I guess a lot of people like her, this ad must be for them.

And fundamentally I don't relate to this commercial. I have unlimited data with Sprint, have had unlimited data for almost a decade...

I agree with Canoe_Captain that the commercial may seem a little distasteful to some people, since it's being compared to commercials about starving kids and abused animals. There's nothing exactly wrong with that of course, it's mostly a matter of preference I personally didn't really enjoy watching it. It just seemed kind of dumb.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.