Best Video For Explaining Feminism, Obesity, and Body-Positivity Movements.

Ack, human potatoes!

When I see a woman (or man) who is morbidly obese, I can't help but feel great pity for them. What happened in that person's past to lead them down this road? I'm curious, but scared to ask.

Now that we have socialized medicine in the States, we are all now forced to subsidize this new standard of beauty, which is a moral hazard. I'm not saying that being fit or fat is a moral choice, as it is purely aesthetic, but throw compulsory health insurance on top of it and now you have the unhealthy stealing from the healthy.

I was obese for about 6 years after giving up other addictions and then turning to food for comfort. Eventually my life turned less stressful and I was able to get back on the wagon and drop the weight. I feel compassion for overweight/obese people because I've been there. I went with my daughter on a carousel-ride at one point, and  they actually required seat belts. I was too big and they had to go get an extension. It was totally humiliating. As it should be! The world shouldn't have to conform to pathological standards.

The tragic thing is that these women didn't become this way by being psychologically healthy (aside from the rare hormonal conditions). They are ignoring whatever has caused them to need the coping mechanism of overeating and are just accepting the negative consequences that result from it. That's akin to a group of alcoholics getting together and raving on about cirrhotic liver pride, or cigarette smokers with lung cancer pride. It's absurd!

I would put forth that there is some merit to looking into how the U.S. dietary guidelines, farm subsidies, etc. have contributed to the carb-heavy crap diet that most people eat. Tom Naughton has a blog and a movie which talks about how government intervention into nutrition/obesity has done a lot  more to create the problem rather than solve it.    www.fathead-movie.com

• Upvote 4

• 4 months later...

That's like, between 2 and 6 lbs lighter than I am...  ...  ... Average?!?! I actually moved to the big city thinking people be skinnier? They are. The men. Most the women I see are just as big as in the redneck town. Unbelievable. It's really depressing. Not a damn one of them smiles, if you can even get one to look up.

Good find, MMX2010.  A timely message.

But how many of you saw the implication looming on the wide horizon?  You're probably heterosexual, aren't you?  Well, guess what's next!  If female beauty is a myth, "programmed" into hetero males, then why isn't heterosexuality itself a myth, programmed into bisexuals?  Shouldn't we all be bisexual?  What's wrong with you if you're not bisexual?  Everyone is "equal," right?

The big bugaboo today is the white, heterosexual, cisgender male.  View everything in that moniker as under attack by identity politicians wishing to "deconstruct" and "dismantle" these things for the greater benefit of the nonwhite, queer, trans, female, etc., nation (read: oligarchy).  The method is to introduce so much strangeness, hypersexality, confusion, and angst that we'll all melt sexually into a big pot of blubbery bonobos.

Better take off your heterosexuality and stuff it and mount it on the wall.

Obese Americans now outnumber those who are merely overweight, study says

A tally by researchers from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis estimated that 67.6 million Americans over the age of 25 were obese as of 2012, and an additional 65.2 million were overweight. Their count was based on data collected between 2007 and 2012 as part of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, an ongoing study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The NHANES data included information on height and weight, which are used to calculate a person’s body mass index. A BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 is considered normal. Someone with a BMI in the 25-to-29.9 range is considered overweight, and a BMI over 30 qualifies a person as obese. (You can calculate your BMI here.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.