Guy pays taxes with 600 $1 bills complicately folded

st434u

I applaud his effort and I am against the state, however we cannot forget that if you do not comply, the state WILL escalate, so his arrest should be of no shock or surprise when he refused to leave.  This is knowing going into any push-back of the state.  It doesn't make their escalation moral or correct or necessary but that IS the nature of the beast.  

However the most hilarious quote "accused Norris of disrupting the operation and efficiency of the tax office..."  HAHA as if the Tax office is EVER efficient!

I think he was arrested for refusing to leave when asked to do so as this is then a trespass, i.e. he's there without permission because it's been revoked.

On the other side I wonder what their threshold is, i.e. would they have accepted 1 dollar bills if they weren't folded, would they accept coins? Maybe not as it seems the argument put forth is the amount of time to process the payment. I suppose you could go to court and say you had made payment with legal tender - who knows where that would go.

I suppose you could go to court and say you had made payment with legal tender - who knows where that would go.

I don't know about the US, but in Australia, (usually) payments made with more than 10 of the same coins are not legal tender. I'm not sure about notes. However, it turns out, that a merchant is not required to accept Australian legal tender in exchange for goods or services provided (as long as they specify it prior to the trade taking place).

This is akin to slaves doing a work slow-down protest. It's passive aggressive and more likely to do harm than do good. This stunt may cause the violent gang to pass another law making it illegal to pay with 1 dollar bills which could end up harming someone who has good reason to pay their extortion fees with 1 dollar bills.

Doubt it. It gives them more pretend-work to unfold the bills. They can hire more government workers as well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.