There may be a 'god' of ethics. My Nihilist defeat.

William Wyatt

I have a new universal theory separate from UPB but not necessarily opposed to it. 

Space and time are slowly tearing us apart therefore matter and energy must create more complex patterns in order to remain together.

Something, or existence is fundamentally better than non-existence or nothing. 
matter and energy are of more value than space and time. 
Creation is fundamentally better than Destruction. 
Some invalid counter arguments would be " existence isn't better, existence holds pain, disease illness, decay etc"
Well perhaps.... But I argue that these things are actually part of the process leading to non existence, therefore existence is not at fault. 

Same applies with creation. If we fuck too much or produce too much stuff. We create too much collective matter to be unsustainable to our environment. but this is a direct cause of DESTRUCTION. 

Life at it's most vital is when we are CONNECTED. both with ourselves, and with others. 

To me, when you apply universal morality, it doesn't mean just for humanity, it must be applied universally. 

• Downvote 1

I have a new universal theory separate from UPB but not necessarily opposed to it. 

Space and time are slowly tearing us apart therefore matter and energy must create more complex patterns in order to remain together.

Something, or existence is fundamentally better than non-existence or nothing. 

matter and energy are of more value than space and time. 

Creation is fundamentally better than Destruction. 

Some invalid counter arguments would be " existence isn't better, existence holds pain, disease illness, decay etc"

Well perhaps.... But I argue that these things are actually part of the process leading to non existence, therefore existence is not at fault. 

Same applies with creation. If we fuck too much or produce too much stuff. We create too much collective matter to be unsustainable to our environment. but this is a direct cause of DESTRUCTION. 

Life at it's most vital is when we are CONNECTED. both with ourselves, and with others. 

To me, when you apply universal morality, it doesn't mean just for humanity, it must be applied universally. 

Are you speaking of existence being morally preferable or aesthetically preferable? You hint at the former, so...

How do you exist if creation is fundamentally better than destruction? Building a human body involves a lot of destruction at the chemical level. How have you determined that too much collective matter exists, and what is sustainable? How do you measure it?

• Upvote 1

Are you speaking of existence being morally preferable or aesthetically preferable? You hint at the former, so...

How do you exist if creation is fundamentally better than destruction? Building a human body involves a lot of destruction at the chemical level. How have you determined that too much collective matter exists, and what is sustainable? How do you measure it?

I'd say both.

It is not determinately preferable. It is preferable in our will. Children don't seek to be human. Children want to stars. they want to do the impossible, they want to be connected. We will always destroy things, every movement we make, we are crushing tiny organisms on our body. But our role is to try to strike the right balance, to resist space and time. To live as long as we can. But as time passes we are required to do more complex actions in order to do so. 

The ideal is a universe where every interaction of matter and energy is entirely voluntary and mutualistic. 

• Downvote 1

To me, this sounds similar to rational egoism from Objectivism. Being alive is preferable to being dead, therefore what benifits life in the long run is "that which is good" [Paraphrased].

"My morality, the morality of reason, is contained in a single axiom: existence exists—and in a single choice: to live." Ayn Rand

• Upvote 1

To me, this sounds similar to rational egoism from Objectivism. Being alive is preferable to being dead, therefore what benifits life in the long run is "that which is good" [Paraphrased].

"My morality, the morality of reason, is contained in a single axiom: existence exists—and in a single choice: to live." Ayn Rand

I hold that creation is objectively preferable to destruction. existence or infinity is preferable to non-existence or the finite.... Since space and time are constantly tearing matter and energy apart, the patterns must become more complex in order to remain connected. destruction is unavoidable, it is a part of us, the pupil in our eye. But we must always strive for infinite connection, creativity and movement in order to prosper... The individual, the collective...

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.