‘Radical Brownies’ Learn Social Justice Instead Of Selling Cookies

Alan C.

Young Oakland Girls Called ‘Radical Brownies’ Learn Social Justice Instead Of Selling Cookies

...a handful of 8 to 10 year old girls are gathered, in brown uniforms, giggling and eating cupcakes.

They look like Girl Scouts, but it’s not just fun and games.

And it’s not just fun and games. “White policeman are killing black young folks such as women, men and children,” one of the girls said.

Another girl said, “Mike Brown. He was shot because he didn’t do nothing. Only the police officer shot him because of his skin color.”

These girls are called the “Radical Brownies.” And instead of learning sewing, they’re learning social justice.

. . .

The Radical Brownies have triggered an avalanche of criticism online, with some accusing the group of brainwashing.

For those unfamiliar with Oakland, it's a crime-infested cesspool and one of America's most dangerous cities. It's exactly the kind of place one would expect to be a breeding ground for this worldview.

“Mike Brown. He was shot because he didn’t do nothing. Only the police officer shot him because of his skin color.”

I know there's a grammatically correct sentence in there somewhere, nevermind the actual argument.  :blink:

I saw something very similar to this on twitter and it's another attempt to inflict mythology upon children. I've also been through Oakland many times and the area right next to the airport is nice looking. But if you travel two blocks down, it looks like another country.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.