New Stefan Molyneux Website - Looking for collaborators

delete_me

The mock-up looks great!  On content:  "The Story" can be really compelling.  What shows Stefan as a teen to be interested in philosophy?  Did he miss class cramming Aldous Huxley in the library?  Were his philosophy books so over-read they looked like they came from the Western Front?  I bet he spoke without asking, argued with professors, and debated his friends into paralysis.  He'll have to give you 40 details and you'll pick one.  Or two.  But it will be the one that draws a user in.

Leaving a lucrative job that was built with passion in favor of the empty space and free-fall that is the every waking moment for the entrepreneur is a great story.  People ask, "what happens if you make a mistake?"  Answer, "You make a mistake every three minutes."  It's not for the weak.  

Writing this sort of content seems to require a bit of the artist - candid but not gratuitous, engaging but authentic, intimate but not boring.

Thanks for Free-domain, it's awesome!!!  I visit every day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one is not requested, but I heard Michael saying before that he wanted to redo the Stefan Molyneux website. Well, that was several months ago. I just want to feature Stefan Molyneux's works with the site and if possible grant him access to the site as well to write articles, if he is interested that is. 

I've just been a bit flooded with work, so I will first be able to continue with it on the weekend. :(

Hey thanks for updating me, I hadn't realised that. Best of luck with your project, personal time permitting of course. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Yes the design look good, but here are some observations from my point of view:

On the first page, the name Stefan Molyneux should not exceed the diamond. The menu button looks very small and I think that for older people or people with poor eyesight it won't be found. Also I would move the Menu button in the middle of the big diamond where now is an X. If you have the menu button there it will be immediately in focus as your eye is drawn there.

What I like about the first page is the minimum information and clarity. I see a man, I understand that he is the main character of the site. He is at a conference and has a good posture. I think that will look good to a first time viewer.

The other pages look a little bit dull, I don't find a rapid focus, a lot of text, often more clusters of text that is hard to read, in a world of 3 seconds attention span... I personally would put an image alongside just one quote that has larger font. That image I would select to be emotional charged, like some facial expression that was linked with the quote. From this links to the books etc. I think that the page with 4 squares is a lot and I would prefer max 2 columns.

I don't know how the site is supposed to work, if it's the scroll type of website, I think the layout should be more fluent and linked from top to bottom. If these are individual pages it's ok.

I like the font and overall style, it's classy. Maybe on the first page I would make the background more saturated, maybe.

This is a small analysis from the top of my head and I hope it helps. I love that you and others have initiatives and do stuff. I always lacked in that department.

I would love to collaborate on the visual design part and the overall impact of the site, if you find my analysis useful we can collaborate

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.