Dealing with Depression (video)

Kevin Beal

It's going to take a while to fully upload and process the video, but it's also really late, so people will most likely wake up to it.

It's a pretty personal video I made right after some events that happened today.

I took the opposite approach with this video as my previous videos, in that I went completely off script and made it personal rather than abstract.

Any feedback at all is welcome:

• Upvote 7

Okay, that's good to know. Were the "um..."'s and other verbal ticks okay? I don't have to worry about that with a script :)

If I may answer the question too, I was so engaged by and focused on the topic that I didn't notice any verbal ticks. 

• Upvote 1

It seemed to me that your breathing was shallow and I wanted to see if I was correct in this or even if I was correct, whether it is of any significance. 

Oh yea. When I'm intensely focused on something, I forget to breathe. That includes breathing out, so every once in a while I have all this CO2 to exhale that was stored up. People have commented on it before mistaking this for me sighing.

It's just me being a laser, I don't have any respiratory diseases or anything.

Oh man Kevin, I wish you wouldn't downplay and belittle the systems you've set up for your journey through self-knowledge.

How to grade self knowledge tools: Does it work? If answer is "yes" then it works and that's it lol

Great video though, I liked that it had vlog and instructional elements in it, keep innovating!

Oh man Kevin, I wish you wouldn't downplay and belittle the systems you've set up for your journey through self-knowledge.

How to grade self knowledge tools: Does it work? If answer is "yes" then it works and that's it lol

Great video though, I liked that it had vlog and instructional elements in it, keep innovating!

Hey thanks!

And that's an interesting thought about the downplaying. I have to give that some more thought.

Kevin,

I liked this more than some of your previous videos. In my opinion going off-script was a good idea. You have a mellow tone when you talk but I don't think it's boring at all. I would flip to another tab when I watched it but stayed focused on what you were saying the whole time.

I've been asking my mecosystem 'What do we want to do?' but I like your approach of opening the floor to what others want to say and then spatially locating the thought. You're like a chameleon shooting its tongue to catch an insect.

I liked this more than some of your previous videos. In my opinion going off-script was a good idea. You have a mellow tone when you talk but I don't think it's boring at all. I would flip to another tab when I watched it but stayed focused on what you were saying the whole time.

I've been asking my mecosystem 'What do we want to do?' but I like your approach of opening the floor to what others want to say and then spatially locating the thought. You're like a chameleon shooting its tongue to catch an insect.

Haha.

Yea, it seems to be the consensus (including myself) that the unscripted videos are better. They are less preparation too, which I like.

I'm glad you are found it interesting.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.