Why is it called Freedomain Radio?

"Freedom Radio" rolls off the tongue easier, so I figure there is some greater meaning in Freedomain Radio. Free Domain. Does anyone know how Stefan came up with the name? Also, where did the idea ofr the logo come about? I know these aren't philosophical questions really, but I've always been curious.

not really, the space between Freedom Radio has a weird pause to it that Freedomain Radio doesn't have. I think because a word ending with M closes your mouth, and to transition to an R isn't as smooth as coming off an N where your mouth is open.

BUT you do raise a good question why is it called Freedomain Radio, I'd like to know as well.

I think it has to do with the fact that one of Stef's goals has been to prove that patents are unnecessary for a free society, considering how all of the podcasts and books are free to consume and have no advertisers supporting them.

I also agree with Mark's idea as well.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well FDR is a free domain, there is freedom here and the show is about freedom. The words Freedom and domain end and begin in dom respectively, so that syllable links the two words. It's less of a mouthful that 'Freedom Domain Radio'. I always thought it was quite clever. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.