Family Physicians Debate Anarchy and free market healthcare

Hi you amazing FDR geniuses! I'm a FDR advocate and donator.

I'm a family physician (GP) in Australia. I'm also part of a large Facebook group just for GP's where we discuss cases and also politics relevant to our 'universal' healthcare and private practice.

As you could imagine, most (?all) of the members are staunch Statists who think Medicare etc.. is the best and only way to do healthcare, while simultaneously ranting every 2nd post about the latest government regulation that is ruining their work lives and restricting their income/practice.

I often keep my anarchist thoughts to myself, but there was a particular thread that I got involved in relating to Hollands mixed system of private insurers now covering family doctor visits, and how it is improving outcomes and saving money (essentially by curbing government waste)

We inevitably got into a debate re:anarchism

Some very typical and cringeworthy Statist arguments ensued. My hope is that there are some of them who don't post but just read the replies and may be more open minded.

If you would like me to post some chunks of the dialog, I would be happy to.

Might also help me with further discussion if it comes up again too. I'm open to tips or zingers that I might be missing.

Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.