Found this Libertarian comic site, 1 feat. Mr. Molyneux!

Maybe because Sriracha company is one of few to not claim trademark, shrugging statist convention.

"David Tran, who operates his family-owned Huy Fong Foods out of a 650,000-square-foot facility in Irwindale, doesn't see his failure to secure a trademark for his Sriracha sauce as a missed opportunity. He says it's free advertising for a company that's never had a marketing budget ... 'Everyone wants to jump in now,' said Tran, 70. 'We have lawyers come and say 'I can represent you and sue' and I say 'No. Let them do it.'' ... Tran is so proud of the condiment's popularity that he maintains a daily ritual of searching the Internet for the latest Sriracha spinoff. He believes all the exposure will lead more consumers to taste the original spicy, sweet concoction"

He's not full-blooded anarchist, though. "That's why Tran has gone after knockoffs of Huy Fong's Sriracha from China. Unlike the name, Tran trademarked his rooster logo and distinctive bottle."

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-sriracha-trademark-20150211-story.html#page=1

I swear, I think the best way to counter the anti-libertarian scare arguments is humor. The whole "we hate roads and poor people" sub-title on that site is SO great. Libertarians should make this joke every time they are on TV, making speeches, or whatever.

I feel like the whole libertarian movement should just be lavished with humor. All the arguments we have are great, but so dry and easy to dismiss. But if we say "like everyone says, we hate poor people! just kidding, that's silly! We just think there are betters ways to solve problems than stealing from people" I feel like we'd then become the cool kids of intelligentsia and all the people who weren't squares (new lefties and old-timer conservatives) would like us.

... not that poor people are a problem anyway.. damn control-freak lefties..

@matthew:  Totally.  Humor is huge.  If you can show libertarians having FUN, it's much less intimidating to check out.

About those comics:  Not sure I can do any better, but I didn't find those comics funny or clever.  Might me my limitations tho.

But yes, that title "we hate roads and poor people" is great.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.