How do I get out of the moment 22 of the Swedish healtcare system

Olof J.

Last year I decided to do something about my problems I have from my childhood and from the school years. I know it's problems that holds me back from reaching higher potetinals and goals in life.

Things strated to happen positive on the emotinal plane as well, so I thought It might be try to sort things out.

So when I heard Stefan talking his self warm, about psycoterapi. I decided to try it out. So I started to look up so called 'free market' practioners in that filed of practis.

...and that ended that someone where willingly to see me, in person.

I reacted positivly after first treatment. So I really felt and understood that it was worth to continue.

After that I try to concact this person sevral time and tried to book a new time, but in vain. Finnaly I ended up with an older woman, after trying to find some else.

I started to go there three times. Then she also told me that I needed to take some antideressive like Zoloft and Prosac. I have allready had a very bad adventure with such struff in my early twentys. So I tried to argument the dangers and that is what not a good Idea, on every level possible, every time. But when she used the same sales agrument that I have heard from medical doctors in the past and now all of the Psycoterapist I visited it strock me that is was some type of sales racket.

The same prases was used like... 'Anti depressives are harmless, we even used them sussesfully on school children'

She also told me that I was not welcommed before taking drugs, and sign in to the ordinary Swedish healtcare system.

So know I have given up that track. It's pontless to pay, to here bad sales arguments about half of the time. I know the health care system is rigged, and not in my favour. It's desiged to reduse care cost, not on getting good treatment.

One more thing I discoverd during this long process was that approximatly 40% of the pyscoterapist have quit there professions the last years. A very strange phenomena in deed, but I think it has to something about a new political healtcare reforms that probaly has passed.

So my questions and think goes like this, now.

Maybe I shall seek healtcare in another country ?

...and maybe someone here on this forum can recommend a good free practsing pyscoterapist... or other good related practisioners ?

I live in the shouther part of Sweden.

I have also some Idea of maybe taking some heath vacaion, somewhere nice, and visit good healtcare professionals there ? What do guys and gals think about that ? To crasy ? or is it quit common these days ?

Thank you for your time to read this not so good english.

Happy Eastern, everyone.

I'm not familiar with the swedish health care situation, but from what I know about sweden in general it's bound to be regulated to death with therapists following all sorts of lunatic rules in order to get paid and stay licensed. On the other hand, I've read about this in Sweden: http://wildtruth.net/dvd/healinghomes

Might be worth checking out.

On another note, finding a good therapist is not easy anywhere, and you probably wouldn't succeed in two tries if you were living in Manhattan. Hope you succeed though, best of luck,

• Upvote 1

I also live in Sweden, and I've just started looking around for therapists in my town.

I fear that mostly all of them are licensed by the state. Because how will I be able to be myself and talk about what I think about the state and anarchy, if all of them are statists who has never questioned it?

Won't they be hostile to my beliefs and try to "cure" me of my anarchy-psychosis?

Sorry that I'm not providing an answer to your questions, Olof. But I'm glad that I'm not alone with having these questions!

I certainly understand your fear when it comes to starting therapy Knatz, as I've had plenty of it myself.

Still, I think it's possible to make a lot of progress with a good therapist who has not been exposed to thinking from first principles, whom you might disagree with

on many topics, and who is most likely an oblivious statist like everyone else out there. I think the main point is that the therapist's loyalty should be with you above all. Above any communist headquarters, above rigid doctrines, and above any insurance-companies. Once all that has been more or less established after some talks, you could decide to just get down to business. It's probably not going to be about the evils of the State most of the time anyway, at least if you want your money's worth.

I too am from Sweden and I once had a, not a shrink and not a shrink who can write prescription medication but the one who is "under" them and at one time I described a feeling and she said it wasnt valid be cause it was against the UN:s human rights.

• 1 month later...

Hi! Thought I'd share what I just found when checking the Internal Family Systems home page: There is one (1) certified IFS therapist in Sweden, in Stockholm, who also does Skype therapy. No idea what she is like, have not contacted her or any other therapist. Somehow though, I'd put my two (or more like two thousand x2) krona on an IFS therapist.

Besides that, I feel super frustrated how easily medicine that alters your brain is forced down your throats around here. I'm very sorry people you go for help have not been helpful at all.

-Tweety-

Hi Olaf, sorry to hear about your negative experiences seeking therapy, the last thing you want when you're trying to explore childhood difficulties is to be hassled to take a bunch of drugs. I was lucky to find out someone near me (Scotland) who does great counselling/life-coaching. His name is Antony and he has an account on FDR, username LovePrevails - https://board.freedomainradio.com/user/15255-loveprevails. I have found seeing him over the last three months to be really helpful as he is really empathetic, and especially good because he gets concepts like peaceful parenting and voluntaryism, which isn't too easy to find! He has been very supportive throughout our sessions, and never someone who would side with abusive parents, or encourage you to take those drugs. I know he does sessions over Skype, so you wouldn't necessarily have to travel. Just thought i'd give you a heads up so you know its an avenue you could explore. Good luck on your journey!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.