Discussing The "Green Party" with Antony Sammeroff

Here's a follow up...

I thought you would find it interesting John, but everyone I know from Brighton have been complaining bitterly about how the Greens have been busy cutting down trees to make way for parking meters. The irony hasn't been lost on people.

I'm not surprised by this, they have raised parking fees all over the place too, which must squeeze local businesses.

• Upvote 1

Great conversation. Particularly around the drug enforcement and low income employment.

I broadly agree with Anthony regarding the thinking of many Green party supporters. They are certainly more inclined to re-think the status quo than the average person and collectrively probably share a higher IQ than many other political party supporters. In that way they share a lot in common with UKIP supporters. Seemingly strange bedfellows at first glance. Certainly the Greens recieve a lot more public sympathy compared to UKIP, which says a lot about the prevailing political culture in Britain. However, I'm slightly skeptical of the Green leadership, as opposed to their supporters. They appear to be (marxist) wolves in sheeps clothing.

However, it does seem they may have ditched their universal income policy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/green-party/11383801/Greens-ditch-citizens-income-from-election-manifesto.html

Great conversation. Particularly around the drug enforcement and low income employment.

I broadly agree with Anthony regarding the thinking of many Green party supporters. They are certainly more inclined to re-think the status quo than the average person and collectrively probably share a higher IQ than many other political party supporters. In that way they share a lot in common with UKIP supporters. Seemingly strange bedfellows at first glance. Certainly the Greens recieve a lot more public sympathy compared to UKIP, which says a lot about the prevailing political culture in Britain. However, I'm slightly skeptical of the Green leadership, as opposed to their supporters. They appear to be (marxist) wolves in sheeps clothing.

However, it does seem they may have ditched their universal income policy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/green-party/11383801/Greens-ditch-citizens-income-from-election-manifesto.html

Thanks for taking the time to listen to it Patrick and give us feedback

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.