I found a show that has child spanking in it!

Omegahero09

Boondocks.

Now, I have only just discovered this show. I've seen a couple episodes and intend to watch more tonight, so I'm still pretty fresh to it.

Idk what side of the fence the creators of this show are on when it comes to spanking; masked I think due to the slippery nature of comedy and satire. However, I have seen in the few episodes I've watched liberty and common sense brought to the forefront.

Has anyone seen this show? Has anyone judged it at all on it's merits and messages?

• 2 weeks later...

hmm I gotta admit I've enjoyed a few boondocks episodes. and spanking is so engrained in our culture that people just see those scenes as normal and even hilarious... its pretty sad; just shows how much work we got in front of us

I was going to make a post of my own, but this is relevant enough. Sling thinks a smart commercial involves regretting having children, so instead you should be watching TV. It starts at 7 seconds.

"Playground duty" oh so awful. Wow I can't believe I have to be here!

Or near the end of the video(1:05). "Even on days with the kids" so not only does the person have kids, but they're divorced. AND days with the kids? Just watch TV. Whatever. Good job sling.

I was going to make a post of my own, but this is relevant enough. Sling thinks a smart commercial involves regretting having children, so instead you should be watching TV. It starts at 7 seconds.

"Playground duty" oh so awful. Wow I can't believe I have to be here!

Or near the end of the video(1:05). "Even on days with the kids" so not only does the person have kids, but they're divorced. AND days with the kids? Just watch TV. Whatever. Good job sling.

I didn't get that from watching the commercial.  You don't have to watch kids 100% of the time at the playground, and "even on days with the kids" could mean that you are letting your kids watch it, or that you're watching it while your kids do something else.

I don't think you need to smother your kids with attention to be a good parent.  In fact, too much attention is actually a bad thing, as they'll never learn to be independent.

I didn't get that from watching the commercial.  You don't have to watch kids 100% of the time at the playground, and "even on days with the kids" could mean that you are letting your kids watch it, or that you're watching it while your kids do something else.

I don't think you need to smother your kids with attention to be a good parent.  In fact, too much attention is actually a bad thing, as they'll never learn to be independent.

I'll grant you the playground part, but what about the "even on days with the kids"? Would you say that's just a general restatement? I still don't see why that's a talking point about what to use when you have your kids over... Because if you have them over, wouldn't you want to spend that time not watching TV with or without them?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.