Help with webhosting

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it is possible.

Each domain will cost yearly.

There are no practical limits to how many domains, sub-domains, or IPs can go on one server.

Are you trying to save money by consolidating the sites into one hosting account / server?

• 3 months later...

You will have to buy the domain names separately, this will cost you some money for each one.

In regards to purchasing server space you will need to purchase a hosting plan that allows you to register multiple domains. The company I used to go with, Hostgator, allows for this on their "baby" plan: http://www.hostgator.com/shared, if you go to that link you'll notice the first thing it says in each of the boxes is "single domain" or "unlimited domains". The unlimited plan lets you have three domain names on one server. (I'm with Godaddy now for my hosting though because the service & software is better)

• 2 weeks later...

GitHub also provides for static hosting:

https://pages.github.com/

Github pages are amazing for static pages, but unfortunately it doesn't allow you to run any kind of server code (although you can use front end javascript, which gives you some functionality back, as you can for example take the content of your contact form, push it to apache you set up on some obscure free-hosted third level foreign domain and mail it from there), you probably have to say goodbye to any kind of a database (unless you're willing to commit some serious bestiality on the way). You also have to keep your source code public, which is probably none-issue for your purpose.

But if you don't need anything besides html+css+js, it's absolutely wonderful. It works exceptionally well when developing in cloud 9 using Jekyll (the ultimate tool for generating static pages).

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.