In An Anarchist Society...

Hi,

I've messaged on here before, but not under this topic.

Anyway, if there was no government in the (former) United States, how would other nations with a form of government contact an anarchist society. If they needed to address the society as a whole, who would they contact?

Could you make your question a bit more specific; i guess my question is: what would be a relevant thing to tell/ask from an anarchist country as a whole?

If the statist country wants to do business, say: buy cars, then they could directly contact the anarchist car manufacturer. No licenses required and no mafia lord has to be consulted for permission (but i repeat myself :-)

Why would a foreign government need to 'Address the society as a whole'? Do foreign governments currently have that need? Have they ever attempted that before? Sure, they sometimes have a need to address other governments, but that is not akin to addressing the whole society.

Also, most of reasons for communication between governments only exist because governments exist.

However;

Say the Russian government wants to get a message out to the US general population. I would suggest following Mcdonalds lead. When Mcdonalds wants the population to know that they are bringing out a new burger, they buy advertising space on TV and newspapers etc. It is a tried and tested method for disseminating information quickly amongst a large number of people.

• Upvote 2

Could you make your question a bit more specific; i guess my question is: what would be a relevant thing to tell/ask from an anarchist country as a whole?

If the statist country wants to do business, say: buy cars, then they could directly contact the anarchist car manufacturer. No licenses required and no mafia lord has to be consulted for permission (but i repeat myself :-)

Why would a foreign government need to 'Address the society as a whole'? Do foreign governments currently have that need? Have they ever attempted that before? Sure, they sometimes have a need to address other governments, but that is not akin to addressing the whole society.

Also, most of reasons for communication between governments only exist because governments exist.

However;

Say the Russian government wants to get a message out to the US general population. I would suggest following Mcdonalds lead. When Mcdonalds wants the population to know that they are bringing out a new burger, they buy advertising space on TV and newspapers etc. It is a tried and tested method for disseminating information quickly amongst a large number of people.

To do business, I guess.

Perhaps the other states would contact a news agency within the anarchist society.

Any threats though I'm sure would be lost on them. The explosion of defensive technologies and services would counter any hope of invasion or take-over I'm sure.

That's a smart idea. Thanks.

If you are talking about extradition, it would most likely contact a DRO to see if they would release the person to the custody of that government however I am guessing that would be a big fat no.

I suppose the military or the protection agencies for the anarchist society would be one major area where there may need to be a mass co operation if a country was to become belligerant to the anarchist area, which I could envision quite easily.

This would be worked out by a market mechanism, maybe the defence agency would have a set policy, maybe they would (god forbid) have a member vote for different courses of action, it would be unlikely to be an issue if the defence agency had a nuclear weapon. (I don't think a nuclear country has ever been invaded?)

• Upvote 1

The historical example of the Dutch crowned republic (Stadtholderate) comes to mind:

Either the title owner of the land in question (or holders through a company etc.) would serve as the placeholder for government contact, and/or companies specifically dedicated to diplomacy.

Those with high diplomatic capacity (and expertise of knowledge and skill in foreign affairs) could sell their services as advisory/consultancy firms. Perhaps these companies could also double as travel agencies?

Also, as an alternate defense against invasion:

Get the leaders of the world's governments to become investors and clients of the anarchic societies' banks and industries etc. and you'll create an environment where one nation's plans to invade will be met with resistance by every other nation conducting business there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.