Friends With Benefits?

I seem to be the main target, for some reason. Every post of yours I read (directed to other people) seems to make some kind of reference to me. I guess that means I got under your skin. But at least you didn't let it ruin your frame. That's kinda impressive, in a strange way.

You got under my skin, because you're a triple-digit Reputation FDR Member who claims to want to spread philosophy and leadership, but you've reduced yourself to snarky language and withdrawal.  Over what?  Are your arguments here really the best they can be, or can they be significantly improved?

But after you get under my skin, I look forward to my future compared to yours, and I think mine is brighter.  Despite wasting my twenties and most of my thirties, I love how the self-knowledge acquired through studying PUA is helping me. 

I don't know what you are going for. Whatever it is,... I think it's kinda sad. I can just imagine you rationalizing this all as self sacrifice, for something more important than yourself. Maybe to maintain "frame" or whatever. It seems really important to you for some reason; to spend so many hours to maintaining it. That's got to take a whole lot of mental energy. It's got to be exhausting. I don't envy that.

You don't envy people who put many hours of mental energy maintaining and tweaking their personality and their moral perspectives?  Why not admire them? 

You're not curious about what that "something more important than myself" is?  :)

I'm grateful though, that you've made the effort, insofar as it's got me to think about a lot of things, like the saltiness the fella mentioned. I guess that means you got under my skin.

No doubt.  But I know where the saltiness was provoked.  :)  It happened when OmegaHero insisted that you have "beta tendencies".  

From my perspective, he's mostly correct.  You do have Beta Tendencies, but only one - the biggest one.  You think women's sexual desires and hypergamy should respond to reason, logic, moral appeals....philosophy.  (But they don't.) 

And when they don't, then you think you're 100% correct to call these women Non-Virtuous.  (You are, but that's not the point.  The point is that there's another way to spread philosophy, which I've coined "Embracing Hypergamy".  That'll be the theme of this Wednesday's show.) 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

You think women's sexual desires and hypergamy should respond to reason, logic, moral appeals....philosophy.  (But they don't.) 

MMX, I am curious, do you believe in determinism?  Do you believe women are intrinsically deterministic? OR do you just believe that they are deterministic when it comes to their sexuality?

I would request a simple answer, but obviously, you do not have to appeal to my preference in this request.

MMX, I am curious, do you believe in determinism?  Do you believe women are intrinsically deterministic? OR do you just believe that they are deterministic when it comes to their sexuality?

I would request a simple answer, but obviously, you do not have to appeal to my preference in this request.

Get ready for the giant block of text coming your way that'll have nothing to do with your asking. Just sayin'.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Get ready for the giant block of text coming your way that'll have nothing to do with your asking. Just sayin'.

I obviously suspected that, but non the less I dared tread that water.  I think MMX needs to be clear on his position on determinism when making these claims.

Determinism?  No.  Women are free to choose and are capable of choosing, just like everyone else. 

But are women equally interested in philosophy, equally capable of thinking rationally and philosophically, equally empathetic towards men as men are towards women, and equally dispassionate in their desire for truth?  (No, to all.) 

So any philosophy which either predicts, expects, or demands women to be equal to men in these regards cannot stand the test of time. 

In scientific and philosophically-rigorous circles, when you make a failed prediction, you pursue self-knowledge by poring over your entire perspective. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Determinism?  No.  Women are free to choose and are capable of choosing, just like everyone else. 

But are women equally interested in philosophy, equally capable of thinking rationally and philosophically, equally empathetic towards men as men are towards women, and equally dispassionate in their desire for truth?  (No, to all.) 

So any philosophy which either predicts, expects, or demands women to be equal to men in these regards cannot stand the test of time. 

Thanks MMX, that was a really straight answer. I do appreciate you humoring my curiosity in a format I can easily digest.

Given the perspective of women being able to choose, do you think PUA helps women in growing a desire to choose virtue or exploits their historical momentum to be hypergamous?

Thanks MMX, that was a really straight answer.

Given the perspective of women being able to choose, do you think PUA helps women in growing a desire to choose virtue or exploits their historical momentum to be hypergamous?

Either.

If a man uses PUA to help a woman choose virtue, women are aided in choosing virtue.

If a man uses PUA to help a woman despise virtue, women are aided in despising virtue. 

If a man rejects PUA in order to lead a woman to choose virtue, he'll more than likely be outcompeted by any man who embraces PUA. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Either.

If a man uses PUA to help a woman choose virtue, women are aided in choosing virtue.

If a man uses PUA to help a woman despise virtue, women are aided in despising virtue. 

If a man rejects PUA in order to lead a woman to choose virtue, he'll more than likely be outcompeted by any man who embraces PUA. 

So are you advocating for something akin to a Masculine King (analogous to Plato's Philosopher King) , who can save women from themselves? OR are you just advocating men protect themselves while still being able to get sex?

So are you advocating for something akin to a Masculine King (analogous to Plato's Philosopher King) , who can save women from themselves? OR are you just advocating men protect themselves while still being able to get sex?

Both.  Those two practices aren't mutually exclusive. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Yeah, this has been my experience of MMX as well... I am looking forward to his call on the 17th, in which he will conclusively prove he is right about everything :)

I'm sorry, but I don't have the privilege of up-voting, so I can't up-vote you.

Ok thanks.  I have nothing substantive to add to this, but I did feel that these questions were helpful (at least for me personally) to better understand your position.

This Wednesday's call-in show will also help.  It is the topic of my question to Stef. 

• Downvote 1

Thanks MMX, that was a really straight answer. I do appreciate you humoring my curiosity in a format I can easily digest.

I'm not humoring your curiosity.  You asked a brilliant, poignant question - so you got a brilliant, poignant answer. 

Other people fail to ask brilliant and poignant questions, and they also fail to consider that I don't give them brilliant or poignant answers because of this. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

• 1 year later...

Imho possible but long term it messes with most women and has to be stopped. In my experience (and shared stories with others) most men are able to have sex without (developing) feelings, most women are not. Your mileage may vary.

Stefan did talk about this in a video. Friends with benefits effects women differently. Not sure how it effects women who have had multiple relationships though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.