Not All Cops Are Like That - Baltimore on Fire

We just climbed on the roof to watch a really big fire just North of Johns Hopkins.  There are so many helipcopters.

Thanks, jzd, yes I agree.  I feel really sad.  I have to sleep with one ear open tonight in case the store downstairs gets looted and set on fire.  This is all crazy.

-D

Yes! Yes!  You see regular, gigantic punishment of children, openly, on the streets, at the post office, here.  Vicious, terrifying.  Definitely of the sort that changes gray matter!!!!!!  On my street at night there are people that walk up and down beating on things, screaming at each other, fighting with each other, usually.  This isn't even during the protests.  There is a horrible problem here with hardcore, toxic cruel violence in the families.  Thanks, Shirgall.  I think it is a weird symbiosis that feeds on itself, Percentient, in that we have American-Irish mafia with strong ties to the police (the white belonging to white-only clubs) that have their own agenda, and the two forces have this incendiary effect.  Exactly the sort of problem that arises out of statist forces.

J.D. - I have already seen many (they're easy to recognize) "professional" protesters, definitely out-of-staters.

I think there are a few important things people aren't paying enough attention to:

- The media's victimizing and at times falsely representing important issues or not discussing important issues

- The underlying issue that we hold the government and the police to different moral standards than we ourselves

- The fact that laws don't police themselves - every law, regulation, tax code, etc. that people call for means more police (Stef talks about thisin The Truth About Eric Garner)

The more people feel victimized, and the more people get caught up in the symptoms of underlying problems, the angrier people get. The angrier people get, the more riots there are, the more riots there are, the more people think we need more police. 

I wrote more about this on Quora: http://qr.ae/0Iull

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.