Can I discuss something with a philosopher king?

utopian

I have a topic I would like to discuss. This is a perilous topic to say the least. It is very controversial, and the reason I want to speak with a philosopher king about it is because it is so difficult to traverse, I cannot determine a logical conclusion to the issue myself.

Talking to Steph about it would be nice, but I dont think he would like to take on the issue, certainly not publicly. 

I could post it on the forums, but while the people here on average certainly seem to be a step above the common rabble, there are still people here whom I have concerns about if I were to post this topic publicly. 

The only people left I could discuss this with would be someone recognized with skill in philosophy that is not a "top dog", meaning a philosopher king here.

If any or all of you philosopher kings would be willing to discuss this with me, please send me a PM.

You could ask anybody in particular over PM that you like. If there's somebody who's posts seem particularly insightful or helpful or relevant to your issue, then it doesn't hurt to ask.

I don't understand why more people don't do that. It's always nice to see messages in my inbox from FDR folk.

And yea, what percentient said. The cool badges with crowns on them are cool, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything about a level of participation, insight or knowledge. Except for me. I'm a freakin' genius.

• Upvote 6

And yea, what percentient said. The cool badges with crowns on them are cool, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything about a level of participation, insight or knowledge. Except for me. I'm a freakin' genius.

This is completely true, but you're also way too nice.   :D

He should learn from me, a self-described womanizer-in-training and aspiring super-troll. 

Oh, is the philosopher king status a donater item? 

I mean, I was listening to Stef's real time relationships, and he gave thanks to the philosopher kings for reviewing his work. I imagine that is because he has recognized their skill in philosophy, which is why I wanted to speak to just them. 

I am not looking for a "debate". There are plenty of fools on here looking for a "debate" with the intention of winning the debate whether they are right or wrong. 

I am looking for TRUTH. Truth I can't find myself, and which may not be found in someone looking for a debate.

Yeah, the Badges are just showing your donor status. Not proof of any skill as a philosopher. Although statistically speaking, most people who donate more are usually longer time listeners as well and as such usually have quite good with philosophy and self-knowledge and emapthizing with people.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I am looking for TRUTH. Truth I can't find myself, and which may not be found in someone looking for a debate.

Geez, you are so right in that not everybody is about the truth. Seriously. It's also quite depressing, but hey - this is the world we live in.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.