Baltimore mom beats her son in public... Most praised video on the internet right now...

Filosophize

It is despicable the elevation of a violent beast attacking her child. There are a few comments on that video condemning the "mother."

Yes, and unfortunately, few and far between.

People are saying its "white privilege" we don't understand that may minority parents beat their kids so that they won't get hurt by police or in the past "slave master"

Wow, I hadn't read that one yet. The consistent irrationality of people keeps surprising me.

Just to play devil's advocate here: is it possible that this is litterally the first time this woman's hit her kid? I feel like we're making a judgement based solely off one incident which may (or may not) be indicative of this woman's life.

That being said, I think we're ALL hypothesizing off of one incident.

This begs an interesting question: Is violence acceptable to convince your child to stop doing an imminent, dangerous, violent behavior? A similar, less controversial example might be smacking a child's hand to prevent them from touching a hot stove (there is no time to explain the 1st law of thermodynamics when your toddler is reaching for the burner). In this case, is the mother simply utilizing violence to get her child to back down from a potentially more dangerous more violent situation which is imminent? And is that like the child and the burner an acceptable option in this case?

At his age if he hit back he should be kicking her ass.  The only thing that prevented her from being left in a bloody pulp on the street for the mob to take care of was his servitude to his mother/female.  If they call her the mother of the year he should be applauded for servile son of the season.  

Another example of women abusing social status to avoid physical harm that they would otherwise be recipients of.

• Upvote 1

I felt like posting something there. Until i saw that youtube had disabled the "disable replies" option form comments.

So i didnt post anything, no arguements and not links because id felt really agitated for the rerst of the say that someone would reply. Some evil idiot or asshole that is.

expecting one human to be so in charge of another human's actions is a bit much. teaching is one thing, then people choose how to act, and that choice can be of rebellion to nonviolent teachings.

While I'm sure she hit him in the past and that lead him to think that violence was an acceptable way to solve problems, couldn't this be seen as a punishment for harming others?  If a shop owner beat him after he threw something through their window or attacked them, it would be a simple case of self defense.

Can't violence be used to punish someone who has already committed violence and is likely to commit more violent acts?  The problem I see with it is that we have no idea what he actually did and therefore we have no idea if this is a proportional response.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.