Anarcho-Capitalism Australian Flag (I don't need no monarchy!)

So I thought it would be cool to replace the Union Jack with the ancap flag in the Australian flag, for purely personal use.

• Australia is ruled by the British Monarch, represented by the Union Jack corner, like New Zealand etc. As an anarcho-capitalist, I aim for a life free of monarchies and tyranny, so its gotta go.
  • The Southern Cross represents us as the Great South Land, location identification. I'm ok with this, it's where I live, what I see in the sky every night, important to the Native Australians who were displaced from their homeland by the British Colonization (Invasion). No probs
  • The Commonwealth Star (below the Union Jack) is seven pointed, one point for each Australian state and territory. If Australia was ancap, we wouldn't have states and territories. Just places and land ownerships. So I'm not really sure what to do here.
  • The blue background represents the ocean that makes the entirety of Australia's border. We're a continent-sized island, so it seems appropriate.

2utgs5s.png

My other option was either removing the quarter flag, and putting the ancap flag stripe through the commonwealth star, representing replacing the 'states' with anarchy. But it looks strange and unfamiliar without the corner. It also looks unfamiliar without something in the lower left corner.

Thoughts?

Also, does anyone know if I could get in trouble for "defacing" the Australian Flag? As far as I can tell AU is super chill about the use of the flag, especially compared to most other countries, but there may be loopholes I should watch out for...

• Upvote 1

Here in NZ we will get to vote for a new flag. Unfortunately they don't have my preferred option: No Flag.

It seems strange to me that you want to put a symbol of freedom on top of a statist flag. I can understand it though, as a way to indicate your location on the planet. It could actually be a really good way to get people talking too.

Personally I don't like flags. To me they represent collectivism. Tribalism. Statism. I think they create an "us vs them" mentality.

I think your flag suggestion looks like shit. It's just horrible in every way. The AnCap flag is shit too.

You should do whatever the f*** you want though. You're an Anarchist.

• The Commonwealth Star (below the Union Jack) is seven pointed, one point for each Australian state and territory. If Australia was ancap, we wouldn't have states and territories. Just places and land ownerships. So I'm not really sure what to do here.

20 million tips to represent individual property rights. Round that up to infinity and get a circle, the best of shapes.

I had to look up ancap.  So the gold of money is superior in position, crushing even, to the black of anarchy.  Hmm.  Not so sure about that.

Look at the flag from a distance or really small, like a boat in poor visibility.  The yellow maybe disappears, and it's a unique shape which remains, which is useful against a lighter background, but also looks like sky and stars, or just a dark blob, which would make it invisible in bad weather or low light.  Say what you want about the Monarch's flag, but it really stands out.

Honestly, ditch the ancap and install the Confederate (CSA) battle flag.  Danged visible, and one of the prettiest flags ever.  Maybe, just maybe, there's a hint of meaning too....

The idea was to take the well known symbol and replace the statism with an cap, symbolically.

Surnames are used to indicate who you are and where (who) you're from, but they aren't considered "us against them".

Tribes and families are cool. So long as individual freedom is preserved they are incredibly important.

I hate it aesthetically, that's why I posted it.

-

I was thinking about a 20 million pointed star :)

• 2 weeks later...

Absolute monarchy is the least harmful type of State. It is precisely because Australia has remained a part of the Commonwealth, that Australia is far more free than most of the rest of the world. If you want to challenge a particular type of statism first, target democracy, which is the most evil and most destructive of all. Once democracy is defeated ideologically as well as in practice, we can look at the comparatively minor evil and destructive power of monarchy.

20 million tips to represent individual property rights. Round that up to infinity and get a circle, the best of shapes.

1 million should do the trick - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megagon

"Philosophical application

Like René Descartes' example of the chiliagon, the million-sided polygon has been used as an illustration of a well-defined concept that cannot be visualised"

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.