iOS App not updating with new podcasts

bytesizeanna

This may be a known issue, but the iOS app stopped updating with latest podcasts after the Jurassic Park one was released on June 13, 2015. This app is my life, as it goes with me everywhere. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Thanks for all you do, FDR.

• Upvote 1

Oh I figured this thread would be about podcasts not downloading fully into the Podcast app on the iPhone.

They download in their entirety on iTunes on my MacBook, but right before they finish on my phone they say “Download error. Tap to retry."

I saw this in another thread but I figured I'd start a new one. Right before they finish downloading on my phone they say “Download error. Tap to retry."

This has been happening for a week or more. I saw a thread on the apple support forums too, specifically about FDR episodes.

• Upvote 1

We do have a case open with iTunes, hopefully either to get the Podcasts app fixed or to understand why our podcasts are not downloading properly. RSSRadio, as Merrifield mentions, will work as an alternate, and if you can use the FDR app itself, all the better! :)

• 2 weeks later...

K.o.t.H,

I'm curious to know if you did an update that fixed it or did it happen in some other way?

Sure, no problem. I believe what fixed it for me was the new iOS update. I updated to 8.4 and the next day it was back to working normally.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.