Stef's current obsession with labelling people as 'parasites'

drkmdn

I just find it disturbing because he has talked in the past how Hitler used this comparison to provoke painful memories which he would then have the Germans correlate with the Jews. 

Stef's use of it now (such as in the last call in show) seems calculated and cheesy. And disturbing. 

Has anyone else noticed this?

Is anyone having a visceral reaction towards his choice of imagery? Are his attempts at trying to play the audience like a violin taking hold?

Stef you are better than this. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I just find it disturbing because he has talked in the past how Hitler used this comparison to provoke painful memories which he would then have the Germans correlate with the Jews. 

Stef's use of it now (such as in the last call in show) seems calculated and cheesy. And disturbing. 

Has anyone else noticed this?

Is anyone having a visceral reaction towards his choice of imagery? Are his attempts at trying to play the audience like a violin taking hold?

Stef you are better than this. 

I would like to say a few things.

1)Obsession

:a state in which someone thinks about someone or something constantly or frequently especially in a way that is not normal

: someone or something that a person thinks about constantly or frequently

: an activity that someone is very interested in or spends a lot of time doing

Stef mentioning this once or maybe few times is not  repetitive "obsessive."

2) I do not see how it is even ok to compare Hitler's motives and use of the "flea" word in order to go on a genocidal spree VS. Stef's saying that these people are getting the benefits without doing any work at all, and hindering the work.  Plus Stef has never promoted violence.

3) You have an emotional reaction to this, can you expand on this?  I am curious to know what is behind this reaction?   

• Upvote 2

parasite - a person who receives support, advantage, or the like, from another or others without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others.

What's wrong with using the term?

There are millions of people in the U.S. who are parasites in that they consume what others produce while producing little to nothing, themselves. I'm not referring to people who are bedridden, confined to a wheel chair, paralyzed, brain damaged, or something similar which impedes their ability to function. I'm talking about people who are able-bodied and in control of their mental faculties. Some of them sit at home all day, watching TV and playing games. Some work for the State, causing grief and misery for others.

• Upvote 3

parasite - a person who receives support, advantage, or the like, from another or others without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others.

What's wrong with using the term?

There are millions of people in the U.S. who are parasites in that they consume what others produce while producing little to nothing, themselves. I'm not referring to people who are bedridden, confined to a wheel chair, paralyzed, brain damaged, or something similar which impedes their ability to function. I'm talking about people who are able-bodied and in control of their mental faculties. Some of them sit at home all day, watching TV and playing games. Some work for the State, causing grief and misery for others.

Alan, how do you gauge the value someone is contributing to the community and/or civilization as a whole?  There is more than one way to be productive.  Engaging in political discussion isn't the only way to contribute.

Value can be guaged through voluntary association, patronage, and profit and loss.

If you have to threaten violence then you're not providing value.

Engaging in political discussion isn't the only way to contribute.

Before people can engage in political discussion, they have to eat first.

Without the ability to leech off of others, groups such as left-liberals in the U.S. would likely extinguish themselves.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.