dont be a fool, stay out of school.

SigmaTau

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3151744/Going-university-waste-time-want-run-business-says-Dragons-Den-star-Peter-Jones.html

Dragons' Den star Peter Jones has advised school leavers to abandon plans of attending university if they are planning to run their own businesses and instead sign up to his own enterprise academy. 

The 49-year-old serial entrepreneur believes that hands' on experience is far more valuable to potential business leaders than several years studying theory in a lecture theatre. 

Speaking in advance of the new series of the hit BBC2 show, Jones was highly critical about what was on offer inside the nation's universities. 

0B1336AF000005DC-0-image-a-22_1436235989

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3151744/Going-university-waste-time-want-run-business-says-Dragons-Den-star-Peter-Jones.html

Dragons' Den star Peter Jones has advised school leavers to abandon plans of attending university if they are planning to run their own businesses and instead sign up to his own enterprise academy. 

The 49-year-old serial entrepreneur believes that hands' on experience is far more valuable to potential business leaders than several years studying theory in a lecture theatre. 

Speaking in advance of the new series of the hit BBC2 show, Jones was highly critical about what was on offer inside the nation's universities. 

0B1336AF000005DC-0-image-a-22_1436235989

What this is definitely true, and in many cases very factual and evident.  The government here ins the USA, to my knowledge is taking care of this "problem" of people not wasting their time by mandating licences.  Licences which in many cases require college degrees.  I wish it was as simple.  Obama is now either trying to, or already has made internships illegal. 

Yes some places, require licenses in EU aswell, example in Luxembourg you need to have a college degree in IT to offer your services as a website builder. In Belgium you need a college degree to register a business. things will get worse before they get better. 

--

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes some places, require licenses in EU aswell, example in Luxembourg you need to have a college degree in IT to offer your services as a website builder. In Belgium you need a college degree to register a business. things will get worse before they get better. 

--

Being from Belgium and not having a college degree (graduated high school, A2 diploma), I can start a business.

See this link. I have this degree and so I could start a business, no problem. This class 'bedrijfsbeheer' was a part of my education in high-school.

• 1 month later...

Being from Belgium and not having a college degree (graduated high school, A2 diploma), I can start a business.

See this link. I have this degree and so I could start a business, no problem. This class 'bedrijfsbeheer' was a part of my education in high-school.

For Belgium specificly this is true if

1) you are educated in Belgium itself,

2) and only if you have "bedrijfsbeheer" (translates to "how to run a company") on highschool level.

For people educated in other EU countries a minimum of Bachelor is required.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.