White People

Tyler H

That, I suppose, is one good reason not to be a libertarian:  it disarms people from acting in terms of their group interest, focussing them on this freedom fetish.  In other words, the neighbourhood goes to shit because we're blind to the actions of groups and can only see actions of individuals.  Kind of like failing to stereotype sharks, then wondering in the hospital why they won't "play nice."

EDIT: More piddle on my shoes.  Anyone have the balls to admit who downvoted me and why?

Yeah, I did. Freedom isn't a fetish, and only indivudals can act. In fact, the whole post is just some rant about god knows what. It doesn't address anything in the topic, I can find.

Yeah, I did. Freedom isn't a fetish, and only indivudals can act. In fact, the whole post is just some rant about god knows what. It doesn't address anything in the topic, I can find.

It is if you spend all your time defending the free speech of those preparing to kill you.

Kevin, what did you call?

That it wouldn't even close to be sympathetic to white people and would be an appeal to white guilt. I didn't watch the whole thing, but there were a couple parts that were like "you think white people get a hard time with X, but actually white people are 10x more privileged than you even imagined"

Privilege is such a nebulous critique when you examine it more closely. I mean even within white culture there are varying degrees of more or less privilege. My father came from a working class background, where his father used to deliver coal to peoples houses in east London. My mother came from a slightly higher working class family where her father was a skilled metalsmith. My mothers first job was as a teacher and her first months pay packet was exactly the same as her fathers, £50. My father became the Brussells (Europe) representative for British Rail and eventually went on to be a port operations manager for a large ferry company.

This afforded them the privilege of sending both their sons to private school, where we got to hang out with millionaire kids whose families had yachts, Rolls Royces and posh Knightsbridge (London) addresses. I even knew Black families that were richer than I could have ever imagined, who shared as much privilege with many upper middle class white people.

Privilege changes with age too. So you have young beautiful women in their 20's riding off their good looks, only for them to fade over time. And then you have men that reach their mid 30's that suddenly find women droping at their feet, after they recieve a significant income boost after a decade or more of building their careers.

Checking ones privilege comes from the same absurd notion of 'equality'. It's just another mythical leftist utopian ideal that has no hope of ever materialising. But can be continually pounded into our psyches as something to either be angry about or to self flagellate ourselves for. It's frankly a morbidly depressing outlook to have on ones life, for those that take it seriously.

I'm beginning to feel that notions of class (privilege) have enormous benefits for society. They give people a goal to reach for. Something they can strive for on their own merit and hard work. It also has a civilsing effect on people too.

Millennial Woes has an interesting and compelling perspective on privilege.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Good, needed video, PatrickC.  That's the second Christian-SJW parallel I've come across on this board.

“The cult of tolerance is Christianity without the guilt, without the work; it is Christianity without the faith, the hope, and the love. The cult of tolerance is selfishness disguised as Christianity.”

--Larrey Anderson

https://board.freedomainradio.com/topic/44609-the-myth-of-relativism-and-the-cult-of-tolerance/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.