Please help my campaign

dokkou

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I hope you could help me and my future Mrs. Suh with my campaign to raise money to get a wedding and reception. Any donation amount is appreciated and if you can't donate, please share. Thank you in advance for any help. Link is below.

http://www.gofundme.com/hk2awg68

Something tells me that if you can't afford the wedding, you shouldn't be marrying in the first place. And I sincerely think that asking for 15k is just pathetic. You could just set up a small beach ceremony, but you rather beg for 14k more so you can waste it within a day on something you don't need.

It might be interesting to survey married couples (like 5 years after the wedding or something) if they would trade in their 15k wedding memories (replacing them with those of a 1k ceremony) for 14k cash on hand... well, the memories would have obviously already had brought them a lot of pleasant feelings in the past and it's likely that their potency would already be nearly exhausted, but the idea should be really clear: What percentage of couples with 15k weddings this the one-day dunk of 14k was worth more than keeping the money? Would some of you guys refuse this opportunity to re-think your wedding approach (or an analogical one with respect to the cost of your wedding)? I may (and probably am) be missing something as I'm not married (and although by the age of 21 I can't really be sure about what the future will bring, as of now I am strongly opposed to the idea of ever getting married and have been for about the past 5 years), but I'm convinced that shipping this money to Stef or donating to a charity of my choice would make me feel much better than a dozen of expensive cakes, hiring a big band and getting to see thousands of flowers for one day. Thoughts?

I agree with what others have already said. 15K could be spent on literally anything else. That goes for the donors money and how you plan on spending that donor money.

What would it matter if you had even the most crazy and expensive wedding in history? You will be spending most of your wedding day with your wife, I assume, so all the extras are for who? For other people to enjoy or to feed your ego? I don't mean that latter part in a rude way, I simply mean that if 15K is spent on a wedding, it must be for impressing others. Should a wedding really about impressing others? If you disagree with what I've said, and please feel free to, I'd like to continue talking about it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.