Truth about the Coran

Stefan Molyneux, could you make a video on the truth about the Coran or write why it's not worth it? Would like a response.

The reason this interests me is because Islam puts forward some superior (out of the 3 monotheistic religions) arguments of evidence like ''we got the original book'' and they seem more organized on epistemological matters. So of all religions I struck some dialogues with my Islamic friend.

I wish I had it more settled (My judgement is based a lot on theory and subjectivity and not much on empiricism) but also, wish to know how such a religion can go so wide. I've been fascinated and engaged by The truth about George Washington and I would be thrilled to see a video of the same style on this.

Anyway, I will come back to read relevant comments.

I found the text in the Coran ''opposite of persuasion'', but I find it weak judgement to base it on the text especially since if the text said all the words I 'wanted to see' sociopathy style, It would have the opposite effect. It's kind of a 'big deal' if the evidence was still present today and miss it. I find it unsatisfying to judge it based on speculation and assumptions of ''how things work'', basicly, alternative explanations where it's a lie.

I also find all monotheistic religions a-moral. It's basicly subjugation to a god which I consider Imoral. Its liek absolutist authoritarianism, I'm more compelled by anarchy unless I fully consent.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

لقرآن (the Quran) is not tremendously distinguished as a Abrahamic book of truth, any more than תּוֹרָה (the Torah, or Pentateuch), the Bible in its various translations, the Book of Mormon, and any of the rest. The differences are pretty small between these items, and they crib a great deal from the ones that appear earlier.

I believe Stefan talks about claims of divine knowledge and the like in Against the Gods

edit: skip to 44:40 for "accidental knowledge"

completely irrelevant but I prefer the spelling Koran>>Coran>>>>Qu... The qu spellings are misleading to wrong from a phonetic perspective because there is no "wa" sound like in quake quiver queen.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/religion/carbon-dating-suggests-early-quran-is-older-than-muhammad/article/442550

Carbon dating suggests that the Quran, or at least portions of it, may actually be older than the prophet Muhammad himself. If the findings are proven true, it could rewrite early Islamic history and shed doubt on the "heavenly" origins of the holy text.

• 3 weeks later...

Stefan Molyneux, could you make a video on the truth about the Coran or write why it's not worth it? Would like a response.

The reason this interests me is because Islam puts forward some superior (out of the 3 monotheistic religions) arguments of evidence like ''we got the original book'' and they seem more organized on epistemological matters. So of all religions I struck some dialogues with my Islamic friend.

I wish I had it more settled (My judgement is based a lot on theory and subjectivity and not much on empiricism) but also, wish to know how such a religion can go so wide. I've been fascinated and engaged by The truth about George Washington and I would be thrilled to see a video of the same style on this.

Anyway, I will come back to read relevant comments.

I found the text in the Coran ''opposite of persuasion'', but I find it weak judgement to base it on the text especially since if the text said all the words I 'wanted to see' sociopathy style, It would have the opposite effect. It's kind of a 'big deal' if the evidence was still present today and miss it. I find it unsatisfying to judge it based on speculation and assumptions of ''how things work'', basicly, alternative explanations where it's a lie.

I also find all monotheistic religions a-moral. It's basicly subjugation to a god which I consider Imoral. Its liek absolutist authoritarianism, I'm more compelled by anarchy unless I fully consent.

My suggestion is to decide for yourself what the religion of Islam dictates, and not what you are told, second-hand, from your friends who, in my honest opinion, probably never read the book themselves.  Here's a link to a video that tells the historical account of Muhammad, according to the Quran, to get you started: https://kat.cr/the-message-1977-brrip-720p-x264-dual-audio-eng-hindi-xdesiarsenal-exd-xmr-t9239883.html

Yeah, it's a torrent site.  You're not going to get sued for downloading a video that will teach you about the religion that the movie was meant to promote.  HOW DARE YOU COVERT TO ISLAM! lol... no.

If you read the Quran, or even just watch the film, you will see how Muhammad reacted to criticism and violent aggression when he tried to alter the status quo.  If you invest some time into reading the New Testament, you will discover there is a stark contrast between Muhammad's methods and that of Jesus.  I would encourage you to decide for yourself, based on pure reason and level-headed observation, which method more or less aligns with your conception of morality.

As for me, Jesus was exceptional.  He is the ideal in every way imaginable.  This is contrasted with Muhammad, who responded to aggressive action with further violence.  If you actually pay attention to the story of each "prophet", there is a stark contrast in the base, moral principles, that each person held.  In my opinion, this is a very important factor that is often overlooked by people who have no examined all three religions, i.e. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you read the Quran, or even just watch the film, you will see how Muhammad reacted to criticism and violent aggression when he tried to alter the status quo.  If you invest some time into reading the New Testament, you will discover there is a stark contrast between Muhammad's methods and that of Jesus.  I would encourage you to decide for yourself, based on pure reason and level-headed observation, which method more or less aligns with your conception of morality.

Why should I have to choose between a delusional warlord pedophile and a delusional illiterate carpenter to decide what's moral?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.