your opinion of financial advisor's comment

AccuTron

I have a chunk of wealth with Edward Jones Company, as financial advisors and account managers, and the company name doesn't make me cringe like some do.

(I mention here that the agent is female.  In this case, a male might also have toed the company line.  I'd like this to not matter, but I notice that females in general have a heck of a time, even meanness, with adjusting world views in the face of overwhelming facts, especially where ego or self-value are concerned.  "Girl Writes What" and "LOL feminism" are two online women who cover this more generally.) 

I have viewed much material supplied here at FDR, also men like Peter Schiff and a fellow I think named Maloney.  There seems abundant evidence that if the US currency/economy is to maintain our investments, it's not because we were the solid rock that was still standing after WW2, but because our wreckage floats higher than everyone else's wreckage.

I finally got around to a brief email to my advisor, mentioning Schiff, etc., asking for comment.  The brief reply was the economy was recovering and getting stronger and she'd send more info on the topic.  My question thus seems to receive minimal depth.  

What are your interpretations at FDR?

this isn't just a female problem.  most of the people on financial programs are men and they mostly say the same stuff.  I think it's just the function of addiction, addiction to government money.  Investment has become about chasing the dollars which are ultimately coming out of the Fed, rather than wisely investing in companies that produce real value in the long run.  This is all they know, and like most addicts they will have to hit rock bottom before changing.

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I ask reasonable questions of people expecting an honest intelligent answer because it's been awhile since I last tried, and I need the reminder to just give up.  I keep having resurgent hope, followed by a self-administered face palm.

I'm not searching for socially responsible funds per se, I'd have not a prayer of sorting that out, since I'd trust "green" least of all.  I was curiosity to see if the agent would even acknowledge the internal elements of the question.   

Thanks mellomama for the insider angle.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.