Atlas shrugged: Best way to experience it? (movie/book)

So I heard about Atlas Shrugged, was turned into an eel, took some notes and proceeded to run 10 minutes.

What is the best way to explore this novel?

Book first or movie first?

Both or only one of those medias?

Provide your experience (If you read or watched it first and if both) and your recommendation. With indicators of reliability as always. Oh an you can ask me the relevant questions.

Info: I was spoiled the general story. The world turns bad->escape reform-> bad world dies-> good world takes over.

I actually intended to do this in my life, except with an auto-sufficient biosphere life support system in a military submarine. Which probably has to be so big it'l be atlantis. With absolutly no future strategy, it is designed as a leap of faith into the only remaining glimmer of hope. Because technology could enable a point of no return. I am starting to think that evil will fail to use it UNLESS there is organized conspiracy instead of a general mess. I am also starting to think that it is highly unlikely I will achieve so much but still act as If I can lol.

Book. Movies are hit and miss, way more miss than hit. The first one is actually good on it's own as a movie, if you're into this kind of stuff. From imdb, it seems a number of people thought the second one was the best but I don't know what they were high on when they made that decision. Part 3 is useless. Zero Hank Rearden and all the good action was cut.

I saw the 1st movie, first. Then read the book up through half of  part 3 and saw part 2. Finished the book a while ago, finally saw part 3 but regret ever having done it.

As I did in a previous thread on this book, I also recommend the audiobook version for those that want an alternative method for experiencing this material. There are unabridged versions out there, even. Although I'm glad they tried to make them, the movies cut out a great deal, and they add other things that might distract.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.