Why don't refugees go to Gulf Countries?

Spumoni

Heres the link I found to get things started.  I was approached by a colleague who brought this up.  Why don't gulf countries take asylum seekers?  Why is the wars and cultures of a totally different nature going out of there way when other countries much closer could help? Are they not rich enough to raise charities or provide some sort of relief.  I feel they know deep down the Europeans are willing to take in the refugees.  Thoughts?

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/3j7afl/serious_why_dont_the_refugees_go_to_gulf_countries/?

Slavery in the UAE, not accepting asylum seekers, people arrested and deported on sight, why does this have to be a European problem?  I see in the swedish tabloids a 3 year old laying dead on a beach being shamelessly paraded as a means of enforcing more government regulations.  It makes me sick and I wish more people asked these kinds of questions.  Why couldn't he just as easily made it to Jordan, or Israel, or Egypt?  Its devastating and I would like to hear thoughts on this.

Europe has land with water and trees and the mideast in general doesn't.  One stinkin' desert swapped for another.   The other big reason is the cultural differences, which are well discussed here and elsewhere.  Europe is compassionate, and will cram refugees in between the places already occupied by those native locals who don't have a say in it.  Gulf states point out their border guards.

• Upvote 1

Really this is part of ISIS's master plan.  They know the Muslim states nearby are uncompassionate and unpleasant, and by uprooting millions they can pump the West full of Muslims.  It doesn't matter if they're good Muslims or bad Muslims, the point is simply demographics.

Turkey:  Are the millions who have reached Turkey planning to stay, or queuing to  get to  Europe proper?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.