A Man With Cerebral Palsy Makes a Workout Video

MysterionMuffles

If no one is coercing him into doing it there's absolutely nothing wrong with it and in fact I'd go so far as to day I'd encourage it. Often people with special needs (cerebral palsy specifically) have a lot of cognitive issues as well, are extremely socially awkward, and really want to fit in with people around them. The main things they see that make the "normal" people popular around them are sports, humor, and (maybe) intelligence. Obviously you can't do much in the way of sports if your legs don't work and reading books is boring so often all they have left is humor. With lower than average cognitive abilities you don't stand much of a chance new, unique, and intellectually stimulating material, but the one thing that's always made people laugh is your disability.

I say I'd encourage it because the alternative is laying on the floor in your room playing video games all day, slowly wasting away. This guy, Zach, gets to have some fun, get some laughs, popularity, and what I'm sure, for him, is a really good workout (which probably also makes his physical therapist ecstatic). 

Is it sad that they feel the only value they can bring is through self deprecation? Sure, maybe but some value is better than none. 

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.