I'm not a rap fan typically but the artist HOPSIN is grand

He is a fresh breath of air. I haven't heard themes about religion, culture, and psychology expressed this way in hip hop. There are some rappers who go the route of anti-establishment, but their words flow from one truth to one falsehood as easily as water.

I think the most important quality of a rapper is rational consistency since they are musicians of spoken word. Hopsin's art speaks to me by this road.

Listen to these songs if you also find rap boring, Hopsin will make your heart and brain jump up from their bench to sing praises to this man's work. 

• Upvote 2

Pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

Wow! Thank you for sharing!!!

Glad you guys liked it. If you don't mind sharing, I'd love to hear why you liked it.

It's 1 am for me: I woke up from a dream, mind racing, and like a lost man scanning the horizon I found myself back here. I wanted to listen to the songs again. My explanation of why I like Hopsin doesn't satisfy me.

The impact of these videos go beyond the powerful lyrics. ILL MIND OF HOPSIN 5 is filmed inside a college dorm room: The room where the coolest guys and girls met each night to drink and smoke. My mind cannot help but remember being in a very similar room during my very first night at college freshman year. That night my roommate and I went to his friend's dorm across campus to pregame. Everyone was gathered around the TV, drinking and smoking and being cool. That image of the people in that room sticks with me because they both both scared and impressed me. I've spent so much mental energy in my life trying to be like these people one moment and rejecting the idea the next.

It was a time of very little self-knowledge. High school and college were a dark age in which being cool and accepted were the only two goals worth achieving. And I wanted to achieve them by any means. From this first night in college, I began again to wander down memory lane, this time going back further, fingers tracing the wall to find my way. It's easy to get lost. With self-knowledge growing by the day it's easy to forget what life was like largely in ignorance. It's a plastic bag around the head. It's doing handstands in a single foot of water. It's the mirror that I looked in every morning before going to school, eyes bulging desperately to witness a human.

ILL MIND OF HOPSIN 5 brought that back to the forefront of my mind. 

• Upvote 3

Excuse me if I don't share your enthusiasm for Christian Rap.

I don't think you were paying close attention, or quit partway through.  This is a man in the early stages of doubt.  He is rejecting conventional religious teachings, and is even starting to question the idea of a god, and is agonized enough about it to put his thoughts to music and in film.  I hope he keeps asking questions, and we can see & hear where it takes him.

Thanks very much to the OP for posting these!

• Upvote 3

I don't think you were paying close attention, or quit partway through.  This is a man in the early stages of doubt.  He is rejecting conventional religious teachings, and is even starting to question the idea of a god, and is agonized enough about it to put his thoughts to music and in film.  I hope he keeps asking questions, and we can see & hear where it takes him.

I'll submit that I may have judged it too early, yes. It didn't do anything for me, but I see why others find it appealing. There's nothing for me on doubt, I prefer post doubt.

• Downvote 1

This is what I was thinking. I just assumed the guy hadn't watched the whole thing and was being snarky. 

• Upvote 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.