300,000 subscribers!!! - When can we have a Molyneux convention?

Simon from CA

1) Content and research is just getting better and better;  Stef, you're hitting your sweet spot as you're nearing 2000 shows.

2) I like the fact there is less doomsday type messaging. 

3) Republican presidential candidates are proving this is the year for questioning the establishment.  

When are we going to have an annual Molyneux Freedomfest?  I'm sure there is demand to even go to Canada... at least when the weather is north of 60 degrees.  

Or  something smaller akin to the Mont Pelerin Society? (Think Hayek and Friedman) 

1) Content and research is just getting better and better;  Stef, you're hitting your sweet spot as you're nearing 2000 shows.

2) I like the fact there is less doomsday type messaging. 

3) Republican presidential candidates are proving this is the year for questioning the establishment.  

When are we going to have an annual Molyneux Freedomfest?  I'm sure there is demand to even go to Canada... at least when the weather is north of 60 degrees.  

Or  something smaller akin to the Mont Pelerin Society? (Think Hayek and Friedman) 

An FDR exclusive convention sounds creepy. There are many libertarian festivals already available, and Stef has videos of him speaking at the them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

It wouldn't have to be exclusive, necessarily. I'm not sure how that would be 'creepy' anyways. If we all showed up in man-thongs; ok I can see that being a little much, or whatever those party's are, where everyone wears 'mascot-style' animal costumes...sure, 'creepy.'

There are quite a few great, "like-minded" channels and people on the net (Corbett report, Sibel Edmonds ect) Why not make it a tectonic level  "Truth and Freedom Super Conference."  I'd be down for something like that. Go big or go home, right?

I think it would be great to meet some of you creeps face to face! Let's do it.

lol.  I wouldn't be too hard on Will torbad.  I sort of get what he is saying....not to put words in his mouth, so tell me if I am off base, please, Will.  But I've gone through so many 'transitions' in my life and shed so many ideologies etc that I have found my peace with anarco-capitalism but still find it hard to 'settle in' if that makes sense.  I've been on the 'mental move' for so long it feels unnatural to sort of found the sweet spot...ethical philosophy but it's nice.  

With THAT being said, one of the symptoms I have and have always had is this hyper-sensitivity to collectivism.  Even 'line dancing' or those group dancing things you see at weddings and parties gives me the creeps.  Mass groups standing for the national anthem makes me VERY uneasy if I am among it.  Maybe it's me or maybe there is something too it of how the small things add up to the larger collectivist tragedies.  From the Macarena to Mass murder the collectivists' leap.  lol  

Anyway, I would also love the chance to meet anyone but I would never participate in a 'convention'.  I like things to happen more organic/  Meaning, connect one on one and meet people that way.  I know some people are the opposite and there is no right or wrong about it.  

I steer away from mass organized group meetings of sorts.

So again, this is not a judgement on the idea, of course people are free to associate how and when and with whom they want, I just wanted to give more depth to why I can resonate with Will's brief comment. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.