Mr Nobody

• 2 weeks later...

There wasn't much of a description of the movie here, so I decided to re-watch it today. Despite being almost two and a half hours long, I enjoyed watching it again all through. The story is full of ides but still not to hard to follow.

The story begins with our protagonist Nemo, now a 116 (or so) years old man being interviewed, 70 years in the future. He shares memories of three different stages in his life: as a young boy, a teenager and an adult man. The memories are contradicting, though, and show different timelines depending on important choices he makes.

I will not spoil the story more as I highly recommend members to watch the movie. Mr. Nobody is a beautiful film. It does not become one of those overly complicated and pretentious movies where most people lose interest halfway. Neither would I describe it as a sci-fi movie despite its surrealistic and futuristic elements. The cuttings from one timeline to another are nicely done and discrete. Some people might get annoyed at the more surrealistic scenes, but I suggest you then think of it metaphorically, which also goes for the entire concept of remembering the future.

The ending is gratifying and had me inspired and enthusiastic about life. The main topic is the choices and I am sure FDR listeners can make some interesting choices Nemo makes. :)

In case you need a trailer to be convinced to watch it, this one captures the film quite alright and doesn't reveal to much:

The movie ranks 7.9 on IMDb, which I think is promising for this type of somewhat indie work.

• 5 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.