Donald Trump appeared on Infowars, could he appear on FDR as well?

Hecatonchire

He said in his infowars interview that he agrees with libertarians on a lot of issues, but re-asserts that America needs to use its muscles to defend itself right now. I found myself wondering if he would agree to weaken state control over the economy after America is "great again".

Has he been invited? It's worth a shot one way or another.

• Upvote 5

It's just a move to cast a wider net of voters.  don't get your hopes up. Most of the anarchists I know, including myself don't participate in voting.   Honestly, if I wanted to hear more of any candidate I would donate to their campaign but I donate to FDR to keep people who are NOT running for office to share their views on how problems should be solved, etc.  

I think FDR is unique and should stay that way.  Sorry, but Infowars is just the 'independent' version of MSM using same tactics.

We are trying to win the long con with ethical philosophy, not the short term battle

• Upvote 1

Has he been invited? It's worth a shot one way or another.

I agree, it could be the most interesting interview Stef has done. I feel like Donald would give surprisingly honest answers because he is not worried about the mainstream media.

The likelihood he'd want to talk to an anarchist Canadian podcaster/youtuber are fairly low... And the MSM shitstorm that would follow for FDR would be truly epic and ugly.

But that said I'm all for trying.

It would also be casting a wider net for philosophy, for those with ears to hear.  ;)

Very true.  Stefan has had some people on that don't match the same philosophical consistency etc but just for the experience for the listeners to see how to debate people on opposing positions etc.  

But, and I hate to generalize, People who come on FDR understand it's a debate and even if it's an interview it's still not as cookie cutter format as Mainstream venues.  I think Trump is used to dominating discussions and mainstream formats.  So again, sorry to always push back on this but Trump's interviews are for one purpose only.  To get elected.  Not to spread philosophy or long term ideas for humanity, it's to get elected. He probably sees the obvious flaw in that coming on an predominately anarchist show.  lol  not going to scrounge up new votes blabbing on this venue no matter how many non voters it reaches.  lol And Iwouldn't vote for him just BECAUSE he came on the show.  ewww.   The discussion will not be a give and take 'debate' unless scripted to look like it is.  

I think he is VERY calculated.  Not saying that is necessarily a bad thing but I think he is so comfortable in the lime light that he knows EXACTLY how to make it look like he's speaking off the cuff or spouting things off without thought, that's how good he is.  Trump thrives on the scandals and publicity of his alleged 'accidental' faux pas.  So in an arena where ANYTHING can be discussed and nothing is taboo, like FDR.... it neuters him and thus by default repels him from entering an arena of such.

On Infowars, his 'faux pas' are more accepted by that audience so he gains some unlikely allies and new defenders of him as they love his Alpha persona and on the left he is dominating attention by the same faux pas.  He's a force of nature. I am interested in him simply as from a tactical approach to campaigning.  It's fascinating to see a fresh and aggressive approach.  I couldn't care less if he's prez or not or which evil he is lesser of or whatever.  BUt just the process is revealing a lot about the lack of stability ANY parties have...even the libertarian..they are just as easily strayed from their supposed principles when they feel there is someone tough on 'their side'.  

If Trump came on the show, talked about immigration, is Stef suppose to then discuss a free society with open borders that is in line with his ethical philosophy or step into the ring and debate as a statist and discuss ALTERNATIVE state solutions to borders.  Even if Stefan got a few words in about a free society, how long do you think Trump would listen before completely taking over the conversation or ending the interview.  

That's another clue why he chose Infowars it's mainstream in the world of libertarianism.  you can't mill around the Libertarian mediums and NOT find Stefan and see how widespread he is but, it's not all American voters and that's what Trump needs.  

The last election I took part in was in 2012 and I wrote in Ron Paul.  That opened my eyes that voting doesn't matter and led me to FDR...not in a straight line but I found my way. :)   Anyway, this is a slight divergence on the inital topic but I remember back during that campaign debating (or what others thought was  a debate) Romney supporters.  They thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread and I remember telling a few people then that the real test is how he is after the campaign if he doesn't win.  Will he still use his time to spread his message of 'good' or whatever or just disappear back into the mist?  

Well, Ron Paul for his strengths and weaknesses at least is still spreading the message he himself believes in.  He was the most authentic candidate I think anyone has ever seen in our lifetime.  That is quite interesting.  But Trump..if he doesn't win, won't spend his time championing irregularities in Gvt or propel his alleged beliefs forward, nor will Bernie Sanders nor Hillary.  They will all fall back into their cookie mold like those before them and the tax cattle will await their next demagogue in the next cattle call.

And Shirgall is correct on what the first question should be...spot on!  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.