post-partum depression

dsayers

Does anybody know of any work that's been done in terms of correlating the incidence of post-partum depression and possessing self-knowledge? I'm curious as to how much of that is tied to hormonal fluctuations and how much of it is unprocessed trauma resurfacing. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

I also wonder how much of it is related to the unnecessary trauma of giving birth in a hospital, and the extent to which children are often separated from their parents during this process.

Absolutely, and even for those who legitimately need to give birth in a hospital (like myself) the way the hospital runs things brings on so much unnecessary trauma.  They took away my insulin because they said I wasn't allowed to self administer (never mind that I do it all the time when not in the hospital) and then they lost my vial, causing me high blood sugar.  Then they said my high blood sugar temporarily ruined my breast milk but hey, here is some free formula!  

Absolutely, and even for those who legitimately need to give birth in a hospital (like myself) the way the hospital runs things brings on so much unnecessary trauma.  They took away my insulin because they said I wasn't allowed to self administer (never mind that I do it all the time when not in the hospital) and then they lost my vial, causing me high blood sugar.  Then they said my high blood sugar temporarily ruined my breast milk but hey, here is some free formula!  

That's awful!  :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.