[YouTube] The Truth About Crime

In our politically correct society, an honest discussion about crime and the causes of criminality is often prevented by emotional hysteria. What are the indicators and predictors of criminality? Is crime simply a natural byproduct of poverty? Does the prevalence of single motherhood impact criminality? Do crime rates differ by race/ethnicity? What does the Warrior Gene - Monoamine oxidase A (MAO-A) 2R - have to do with criminality and aggression? What is the truth about crime?

Crime by Race
Because of the obscure way in which the FBI reports the race and ethnicity of offenders, we had to make several approximations. First off, Hispanic data is separated from race data and is broken down to "Hispanic" or "not Hispanic" for the entire dataset. While it is safe to assume that most Hispanics were classified as white because of the colour of their skin, we didn't want to make any assumptions. To figure out the percentage of Hispanic offenders and separate it from the white, black, asian etc. race categories, we used Census data on how Hispanics identify themselves racially. Not surprisingly, the vast majority of them identify as white, and very few consider themselves black. Given the very low percentage of black Hispanics, we counted "Some Other Race" as white. Another problem with the FBI dataset was the vast number of "Unknown" reported offenders. Because we couldn't make any reasonable assumptions about the race of the unknown offenders, we used the arrest tables as a proxy for the distribution of crime by race.

2014 City Crime Data:
City data from the U.S. Census Bureau: http://www.census.gov

Historical Crime

Unemployment

Poverty and Welfare

Single Mothers and Divorce

Intelligence

Genetics

Spanking Prevalence

Stefan and FDR,

Question about the statistics on race vs crime: why are crime rate statistics not normalized against racial representation demographic within the United States?

Pertains to data starting at 6:30 > https://youtu.be/TVBJ5m3sGfk?t=6m30s

If the percentage is not normalized to match the racial proportions within the United States, then these figures are accurate, but they undermine your point slightly.

• Example: U.S. Violent Crime Rates by Race (2014)
    • Incidents per 100K directly from the video:
      • Black: 1047
      • Hispanic: 518 
      • White: 219
      • Asian: 90
    • US Demographics per http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html
      • Black: 13.2%
      • Hispanic: 17.4%
      • White: 62.1%
      • Asian: 5.4%
      • Other: 1.9%
    • Percentage of total crime per race in the U.S. normalized against racial representation demographic (without Other)
      • Black: 37.4%
      • Hispanic: 24.4%
      • White: 36.9%
      • Asian: 1.3%

Note: after I worked out the example, I realized these figures were not that insightful, but it's interesting to see the percentage when compared to the demographics.

V/R,

William

• 10 months later...

Hello,

Did Stefan create the crime graphs in this video himself or did he get them somewhere? I can't find the graphs in the video at any of the many sources (though I have yet to check them all).

If possible, I would like to reference those graphs in my own video. If Stefan did create those graphs himself, is use of screenshots allowed?

Thank you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.