Reliable IQ testing - which, where, by who, and how much?

Devon Gibbons

Which IQ test(s) reliably measure(s) G, where can I take it/them, what agencies or persons administer them, and how much does it/do they cost?

If there are any special conditions the agency/agencies or person/persons you name require, What are the conditions I must meet in order to take it?

Thank you

: ]

Psychologists and therapists offer IQ tests. I'm not sure how much they costs but have heard ranges from $60 - $120. I asked my therapist about them and she advised against it. The question you should be asking is what does getting your IQ achieve? My logic is this: you already have an idea as to where your IQ is (looking at averages and such) why do you need confirmation? What happens if you score below or above what you expected?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Psychologists and therapists offer IQ tests. I'm not sure how much they costs but have heard ranges from $60 - $120. I asked my therapist about them and she advised against it. The question you should be asking is what does getting your IQ achieve? My logic is this: you already have an idea as to where your IQ is (looking at averages and such) why do you need confirmation? What happens if you score below or above what you expected?

It would please me to keep replies to my post relevant to my original questions so I will respond only to information you provide me that follows them. I want actionable-level information so the more specific answers you give to my questions the better. And so now I'll ask you more specific questions about answers you provided me: What kind of psychologists and therapists administer IQ tests? Where did you hear they cost between $60 - $120 from? What is the name of the test or tests you were discussing with your therapist?

[For my own records]

so far what I understand about it:

1.Which IQ test(s) reliably measure(s) G?

any test which is called an IQ test

2. where can I take it/them?

wherever you find a psychologist or therapist

3. what agencies or persons administer them?

all kinds of psychologists and all kinds of therapists administer IQ tests

4. and how much does it/do they cost?

all different types of IQ tests cost between $60 and $120

5. special conditions to take an IQ test:

none I am aware of

The question you should be asking is what does getting your IQ achieve? My logic is this: you already have an idea as to where your IQ is (looking at averages and such) why do you need confirmation? What happens if you score below or above what you expected?

I sense these questions are more for you than me for I am not constricted by a "should" or "ought" or "need to" when considering whether or not to get my IQ tested. I just want to know what is. A reliable IQ test, according to my understanding, that tests for G is better termed an IQ measure. And so having or not having my IQ tested will not make what is any more is-er. IQ, or G, exists whether or not you test it.

And it measures cognitive ability. How much can you change it? And how? Beats me. I want to take the test. I don't care to flaunt my IQ like some biological scumbag alpha or whatever. That's nonsense. It's meaningless information; unless you use your intelligence your intelligence is useless. To tell someone you're intelligent is much different than showing them how you have capitalized on your abilities.

I'm only concerned with knowing which test is reliable and where to take it and with whom and what the cost is of a reliable G-measuring IQ test.

If you have more information I'm glad to present you a platform to provide it.

[For my own records]

so far what I understand about it:

1.Which IQ test(s) reliably measure(s) G?

any test which is called an IQ test

2. where can I take it/them?

wherever you find a psychologist or therapist

3. what agencies or persons administer them?

all kinds of psychologists and all kinds of therapists administer IQ tests

4. and how much does it/do they cost?

all different types of IQ tests cost between $60 and $120

5. special conditions to take an IQ test:

none I am aware of

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.