Business Name Feedback

heymanslow

Hello Fellow FDR Listeners,

I work as a mental health counselor, and I've been mulling over a business name for my practice, since my last name is quite difficult to pronounce and spell. So...

What do you think of "Panorama Counseling"?

All feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys. 

Very similar to paranormal and paranoia - those aren't great associations.

Mike, those were not the associations that came to my mind, but definitely ones I'd like to avoid, thanks for the heads up.

Sharp.

Panodrama is another I was thinking of.

Maybe heymanslow could outline his Unique Selling Point a bit more and we can advise him a bit better? ;)

Trauma-informed, empathic psychotherapy and counseling. "Empathic Counseling" is already a registered business name in my state, though.

Expand your perspective, see the big picture, here at Panorama Counseling. I think it's good.

Yeah, this is more what I was thinking - big picture and perspective.

My first association was with cameras and panoramic photos. And, while I see the "zoom-out" perspective, I don't think you want to be confused for a photographer (nor the other associations mentioned).

When you say "trauma-informed," do you mean focused on healing from traumas? Might you call that "restorative" work?

I personally don't like the word empathic. It seems to me like someone is claiming to have ESP or somehow tap into something that you (as the client) aren't able to know about yourself. I'd prefer something along the lines of empowering, although I realize there are some recently-imputed negative connotations to that word, thanks to feminism and the like. Empathetic is a fine word in my opinion, but I don't know how well-received it is in a general population.

Do you incorporate anything to do with attachment? That's sort of a popular buzz-word these days, in addition to being a very valid and important area of focus, in my opinion.

Thank, you, Mellomama. What you said about photography is what actually some of my friends told me - like "Panorama" would be a better name for a photography business. And I sympathize with your dislike for the word "empathic" - even though technically I think it is the single best term for my approach, the word "empathic" in the minds of most people may have a woo-woo type of connotation which I would certainly like to avoid.

I definitely stay mindful about the importance of attachment in my work, but I don't think I would like to include the word "attachment" in the actual business name. By trauma-informed I mean that I recognize how widespread trauma is and that a lot of the problems that people want to work on in therapy stem from early trauma.

Coherent Counseling

Encompassing Counseling

Personally I like 'Panorama' Counseling however not so much for therapy. Personally the work strikes a sort of exciting and intriguing feeling.

I like Coherent Counseling the best :)

Best of luck anyways !

• Upvote 1

Insert Two Initials Counseling Services

Insert Initial & Initials Counseling Services

Expand your Horizon Counseling Services

Compassionate Counseling Services                           

Also instead of Services it could be "Counseling Center"

• Upvote 1

I kind of like it, but it doesn't have a clear enough association with counselling. By the name alone it might be difficult to tell what services you're providing.

I kind of like it, but it doesn't have a clear enough association with psychology. it has to sound soothing and intimate, panorama sounds too technical, and it only has a metaphorical link with therapy...you want something more direct

• Upvote 1

Insert Two Initials Counseling Services

Insert Initial & Initials Counseling Services

Expand your Horizon Counseling Services

Compassionate Counseling Services                           

Also instead of Services it could be "Counseling Center"

Awesome thoughts, thanks, Susana! I especially like the idea with initials.

I kind of like it, but it doesn't have a clear enough association with counselling. By the name alone it might be difficult to tell what services you're providing.

I kind of like it, but it doesn't have a clear enough association with psychology. it has to sound soothing and intimate, panorama sounds too technical, and it only has a metaphorical link with therapy...you want something more direct

Makes sense, thanks!

Wide angle counseling

Hmm, interesting... I like it, but at the same time it took me a while to get that it means "big picture" - probably too technical for a therapy business name.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.