BTC for engineering help! (finding flow rate through a hose)

Carl Green

Okay all you smartypantseses out there. I've been trying to figure this out on my own for a while now but I've just about reached the limit of time I'm willing to spend on figuring this out so I'm outsourcing.

I need to determine the amount of pure O2 flow, compressed at 8psi (0.5515bar), in liters/minute through a 3ft/1M length of rubber tube with a 3/16"(4.7625) ID.

$5 in BTC for the first person to get me the number.

(more if you help me make an excel file with a built in calculator so I can play with the length and diameter variables)

Thanks for the link but that was for calculating through an orifice.

Here's the tl;dr backstory.

I have a glassblowing torch that I'm trying to feed from a set of regulators mounted right by the torch. It requires 2 sets each of oxygen and propane gases; one for an inner stage/smaller flame, and another set for an outer flame.

The torch manufacturer spec's it as needing a total oxygen flow rate of 32 liters/min at 8psi. That gets split by the two stages into 12 and 21 l/m with the pressure remaining the same.

I'm trying to use the smallest diameter hose possible (3/16") for flexibility purposes and I was looking to verify the hose size and length as being able to accommodate that flow rate.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.