New Detroit - Renaming States

ClearConscience

I think we should rename some states and cities.  And yes, I'm serious.

Imagine if China took all our automotive manufacturing.  Imagine if all of the major, American, automotive companies were manufacturing in China.  Oh wait...  anyway, now imagine if China didn't like us very much and decided to name their automotive manufacturing hub, "New Detroit."  Yeah... there'd be a city in China that everybody in the world called, "New Detroit."  Imagine that.  That's what we did to the UK when we won our independence.  We were like, "Oh, you have York?  We're making a new one, because your version sucked, and we're calling it 'New York' so deal with it."  The same with Jersey.  The same with Hampshire.  The same with Orleans (French).

I think we should, out of respect, change these names.  Trust me, this is a great idea.  Out of respect for our friends and allies, we truly feel we ought to change these names.  It was wrong of us to do it in the first place.

And we should change "New Hampshire" to "New Hampsher," change "New York," to "New Yawk," change "New Orleans," to "New Orlins," and change "New Jersey," to "New Juhsey."  Yup.  That would be a fucking awesome headline and would make everybody's happy.

Okay, so I'm not serious, but I want to know if anybody else thinks, in a if-you-were-the-dictator-of-America kind of way, that it's a funny idea where, yeah... I would do that because I can.

That's my Donald Trump side coming out.

Detroit as Mo-or-less-town.

And while you're at it, change a couple notes in the national anthem so mere mortals can sing it.

I kind of like the fact that the American national anthem is a benchmark for how good of a vocalist you are.  I mean, Whitney Houston will be known for her performance of the National Anthem, among other things.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.