Michael Schofield thought his young daughter, Janni, was a genius, until he realised her bright mind masked an inner darkness. Incredible story.

stMarkus

The name January Schofield has haunted me since I first caught a documentary on her I think it was on the health channel. I remember watching, KNOWING that the parents were responsible. Yet the parents carried on like they were the victims, while the documentary made no effort to make the case to the contrary. It made me think about how people watch horror movies for entertainment while horrors like this are very real and far more frightening. And how alarming it is that we HAVE the answers now, yet they're not getting spread fast enough because the news would rather cover trivial shit X, Y, and Z instead. It's all so very disgusting.

• Upvote 1

All psychiatrists that talk about it seem to use the same mantra, that it's a disease with no discernable cause and it strikes families out of nowhere.

Patients are fully cognizant of their state in periods of lucidity, which become rarer and rarer till the moment of their violent suicides.

I suspect the main reason being toxic fluids injected, altering the brain.

I'm not sure what you mean but I digress. It's still interesting how precocious Janni was and what its relation might be to her behavior.

"When Janni Schofield was not even a month old, she was able to correctly identify colours. At 1 year old, she could read. At 18 months, she could speak fluently."

Its hard to know what to think.

The story is portrayed as one of a loving doting father, who spends time playing and looking after his daughter. But Im not sure I believe that. Its portrayed as if "we just dont know how or why it happened, it came out of nowhere", but then there are little things like

"Susan turns on me, blaming Janni's condition on my history of violent outbursts before I was on anti-depressants" 

Was he on anti-depressants before janni was born? Or was he having violent outbursts around her? or directed at her?

He talks a lot about restraining his daughter, as if thats the only thing that works, and yet he talks about how bright and intelligent his daughter is, which would indicate that she could understand reasoning and logic.

I dont know what I would do in his situation, it sounds horrible. But Im not sure we got the full story. My brother has schizophrenia( at least, thats what he was diagnosed), and I have been with him during the schizo periods, it was very frightening, but he didnt turn violent, or try to attack me. He only became violent if threatened.

• Upvote 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.