chess.com and chess advice

SenorBuzco

Qe7 would be my play. I'm not the best player though.

Qh2

Those look like phone pics. lichess.org is a website that uses a very stylish and lightweight design that doesn't require an account to use. Haven't tried it on a mobile, but I'd definitely be up for some games sometime. What times of day are good for you?

ya Qe7 is not a bad play, though it concedes your rook for white's knight, a loss for black.  A better play might be Bg5 forking the King and Queen, then you trade queens after that.  That will get you out of some trouble, but you still have two pesky knights bearing down on your king which is not great.  But you do have the 2 rooks to his one, so I think you could grind it out.

I will say, if I was playing with someone and found out they were consulting a forum for advice on moves, I might be a little annoyed.  Not sure if that's really rational though.

I'm Rosecodex on chess.com, happy to play any time

FIRST GAME:

Lol, nobody sees the winning move?

Bg5+

Bishop check wins the queen! White's reply will be to take your bishop, then you capture the queen, then they take your queen, then you take their knight.

The exchange of material is equal; you have a winning pawn structure and both of your rooks will be active; the threat of white's imposing knight is moot because your king is no longer a square threatened by checks.

SECOND GAME:

I see a clear problem in your opponent's position: the KING is hemmed in by his rooks.

Move your D pawn forward, and white must retreat the bishop.

Move it forward again, and white is in trouble. His king is vulnerable to back row mates, and you can sneak in a NASTY bishop check [A5], forcing a winning exchange of bishop vs rook.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.