Stef doesn't define "good men"

In a few of Stefs talks about single mums he mentions mums dumping "good men". When he says good men, is he talking about men of good character, i.e. honest, caring, hard working, supportive, loyal, patient, concerned, empathic etc., or is he talking about good boyfriends, i.e. appreciative, passionate, motivated, sexy - or maybe he means both?

I suspect he means the former, but is this clarified anywhere?

In a few of Stefs talks about single mums he mentions mums dumping "good men". When he says good men, is he talking about men of good character, i.e. honest, caring, hard working, supportive, loyal, patient, concerned, empathic etc., or is he talking about good boyfriends, i.e. appreciative, passionate, motivated, sexy - or maybe he means both?

I suspect he means the former, but is this clarified anywhere?

I have been a listener for a few years now and I can't really specify if he's literally spelled it out , however, he has made numerous clarifications for men and women about virtue and love.  The consistant definition of both.  Love is our involuntary response to virtue as long as we are virutuous ourselves.  So whether the discussion is around a good man or women...I think it's a safe mental leap to replace 'good' with virtuous.  

I have been a listener for a few years now and I can't really specify if he's literally spelled it out , however, he has made numerous clarifications for men and women about virtue and love.  The consistant definition of both.  Love is our involuntary response to virtue as long as we are virutuous ourselves.  So whether the discussion is around a good man or women...I think it's a safe mental leap to replace 'good' with virtuous.  

Ok. that's what I believe too. Could you define virtuous qualities in Stefs terms? Do you think I did a fair job?

Could you explain what you mean with this please?

Virtuous people tend to have virtue, generally. It's like intelligence. You may have strengths in one area, but you will tend to have strengths in other areas.

If you are empathic, then you are also probably an appreciative person. If you are hardworking, you are also probably motivated and passionate. The distinction between these groups of characteristics seems arbitrary to me, but perhaps that's because I'm missing something.

Of course a single mum looks lousy if she kicked out a basically good man.

Could you explain what you mean with this please?

Either she kicked out (chased away, cheated on, whatever) a good man or she procreated with a low quality man who left in spite of her virtue.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.