I am so disappointed in Ben Shapiro

adamNJ

It would be interesting to trace the source of  "litigiousness of Americans". It seems to be very catchy trend, increasing our overall reliance on lawyers and courts to sort out all sorts of trifles and magnify them on world media at the same time to make an "issue" out of smallest of personal problem, with underlying urgency to classify all the people as either "victims" or "perpetrators" of one crime or another. 

The Roman Law which served as a model for all European state laws in the near past, had a principle limiting the application of the law. Namely, the Roman Law did not deal with trifles, and "laughable" accusation is nothing but trifle. 

This principle is totally lost within the American system, where every banality could be a source of litigation. But how this was made possible? It's a mystery. 

Ann Coulter, ya gotta love her  :D

Like Americans everywhere, I know I'll always remember where I was when news arrived of the tragic assault on Michelle Fields.

Whatever your politics, whatever your ethnicity or religion, please take a moment to pray for the recovery of brave Michelle Fields.

All respect to Harriet Tubman, but it's Michelle Fields who should go on the $20 bill. Her courage will inspire generations yet unborn.

:D
  • Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

At 30:35 he seriously says "Trump is not a man with high IQ," which is an insult so immature and blind to reality that it's creepy.

You have a hilarious interpretation of what is "creepy". I've seen nothing to demonstrate that Donald Trump is an individual with a high IQ. It's not an insult and certainly isn't blind to reality.

And Steven Crowder is internet cancer, his humor and attempts at political insight make me ill.

That being said, I never thought I'd see Piers Morgan say something reasonable.

• Downvote 2

You have a hilarious interpretation of what is "creepy". I've seen nothing to demonstrate that Donald Trump is an individual with a high IQ. It's not an insult and certainly isn't blind to reality.

And Steven Crowder is internet cancer, his humor and attempts at political insight make me ill.

How may non-high IQ people do you know are self-made multi-billionaires and can successfully presidential campaign?

• Upvote 2

His college entrance exam scores put his IQ in the genius range.

How may non-high IQ people do you know are self-made multi-billionaires and can successfully presidential campaign?

If you really stretch the term "self-made billionaire" to an absurd level, then I can only think of Trump. He would've been wealthier if he invested his money in index funds and sat on his ass, so his wealth is not a useful measure of intellect though it does strongly support the idea that he's more intelligent than the average person (for what that's worth). He's definitely no less intelligent than most politicians, he just isn't discreet about his ignorance like they are.

If you really stretch the term "self-made billionaire" to an absurd level, then I can only think of Trump. He would've been wealthier if he invested his money in index funds and sat on his ass, so his wealth is not a useful measure of intellect though it does strongly support the idea that he's more intelligent than the average person (for what that's worth). He's definitely no less intelligent than most politicians, he just isn't discreet about his ignorance like they are.

No, he earned 10 billion dollars and is demonstrably self-made.  He got a loan from his father of a million. You bald assertion that he could have just invested that in index funds is horseshit that dishonest anti-Trump propogandists like to spew. First, looking back at the market and saying if he'd done X he could have made the same money is an obvious fallacy. Second tens of thousands of people ahd that much money and more but made nothing from it. Very, very few made as much as Donald. He also continued to make money on TV in the hundreds of millions. His academic performance points to a a high IQ. 

You;re saying you see nothing that points to a high IQ but you admit he's got a higher IQ than average. That means he's got a high IQ. 

• Upvote 2

No, he earned 10 billion dollars and is demonstrably self-made.  He got a loan from his father of a million. You bald assertion that he could have just invested that in index funds is horseshit that dishonest anti-Trump propogandists like to spew. First, looking back at the market and saying if he'd done X he could have made the same money is an obvious fallacy. Second tens of thousands of people ahd that much money and more but made nothing from it. Very, very few made as much as Donald. He also continued to make money on TV in the hundreds of millions. His academic performance points to a a high IQ. 

You;re saying you see nothing that points to a high IQ but you admit he's got a higher IQ than average. That means he's got a high IQ.

If you consider "higher than average" to be a high IQ, then yeah Trump has a high IQ. Not the standard I would use.

The fact that he could've made more in index funds wasn't mentioned to claim he was stupid for not doing it, but to claim that it's relatively simple to multiply wealth without intellect and therefore is weak in proving high IQ. Multiplying his wealth may hint toward intelligence, but in the face of his constant completely ignorant and stupid things he regularly says/claims, I don't know how you can honestly pretend his wealth increase counter-balances that.

• Downvote 3

If you consider "higher than average" to be a high IQ, then yeah Trump has a high IQ. Not the standard I would use.

The fact that he could've made more in index funds wasn't mentioned to claim he was stupid for not doing it, but to claim that it's relatively simple to multiply wealth without intellect and therefore is weak in proving high IQ. Multiplying his wealth may hint toward intelligence, but in the face of his constant completely ignorant and stupid things he regularly says/claims, I don't know how you can honestly pretend his wealth increase counter-balances that.

If it's relatively simple to multiply wealth without intellect then I assume you are very wealthy, right? 

At 30:35 he seriously says "Trump is not a man with high IQ," which is an insult so immature and blind to reality that it's creepy.

Failing to properly assess another person's intelligence is proof of your own low level of intelligence. He's not creepy, he is just stupid.

You're assuming that I want to multiply my wealth and that I started with enough that the multiplying would make me very wealthy. Neither are true.

So you DON'T want to multiply your wealth? Wouldn't you use this simple method for others then? If you can turn a million dollars into hundreds or even just tens of millions then there are vast numbers of people who will invest in you. 

The whole thing is really disappointing for me too. I used to really like Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder, but since the Trump phenomenon started, a lot of conservative personalities started to show there irrationalities and emotional biases. It's very perplexing since conservatives typically are very aware of the Left's irrationalities, fallacies, miss information, and bias in the media. But since Trump came around, a lot of them have been pulling the same crap. I stopped listening to Crowder when I heard him regurgitate the myth of "Trump could have made more money by just investing the money he got from his Dad, instead of starting his business with it." And this whole Michelle Fields thing with Shapiro, White Knitting to the rescue has basically made him a right off for me too. These are people who obviously know how to fact check. Also especially know not believe what you hear in the media. But when it fits their anti Trump narrative they just accept it as true and move on. 

There has been a huge riff in the right wing community since this election started. As someone who would have identified or at least sympathized with conservatives in the past, it's very sad and has forced me to rethink a lot of things...

• Upvote 2

So you DON'T want to multiply your wealth? Wouldn't you use this simple method for others then? If you can turn a million dollars into hundreds or even just tens of millions then there are vast numbers of people who will invest in you.

No, I'm content with what I have. Not sure why I would involve myself with the fortunes of others unless I myself wanted a fortune. I'm an individualist anarchist, I don't support wealth accumulation and capitalism (absentee property ownership), I consider it anti-liberty and undesirable. And I certainly don't support big-state endorsers like Trump.

No, I'm content with what I have. Not sure why I would involve myself with the fortunes of others unless I myself wanted a fortune. I'm an individualist anarchist, I don't support wealth accumulation and capitalism (absentee property ownership), I consider it anti-liberty and undesirable. And I certainly don't support big-state endorsers like Trump.

Good for you buddy. 

• Upvote 1

Good for you buddy. 

I actually laughed aloud. It was like I saw a physical manifestation of self righteousness cut at the knees.

Not to poke at the bear, but is he "self-made" when he inherited millions? I'm not saying his accomplishments aren't his own or that he didn't earn much of the money he has, but surely he shouldn't be singing "started from the bottom, now we here." As far as IQ, I literally have no idea the ratio of billionaires to IQs. I will say, he's a rather unimaginative speaker, but that may be a brilliant bit of strategy to appeal to a wider audience, so again inconclusive. It's hard to get  a bead on him , because I cant tell what is a part of the show, a necessity of politics, or genuinely him. Maybe that's cynical but there you go.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was really quite surprised to see a message from Ben today insinuating that the only reason Eric Trump likes and supports his father is because he wants to stay in his will. I'm not sure if he's playing the same "blind barrage of insults" tactic that Marco Rubio did right before he fell out, or if he really doesn't live in a world where children love their parents.

Made me feel kind of sad, and it connected some lines that might explain why he's been acting this way.

It's preferable that you don't respond when you have nothing to say.

You restarted the conversation just to point out to him that you didn't like how he affirmed it ending. 

Also keep in mind you people are wrong about Trump investing his wealth into an index fund. He didn't inherit any money until he had been running the business (which made up the majority of his inheritance) for eight years.

Source: http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/dec/09/occupy-democrats/occupy-democrats-say-simple-investment-trumps-fath/ 

• Upvote 4

You restarted the conversation just to point out to him that you didn't like how he affirmed it ending.

Is there a point to this observation? I prefer people don't respond if they have nothing more than "Okay" or "Good for you". It's pointless spam.

Also keep in mind you people are wrong about Trump investing his wealth into an index fund. He didn't inherit any money until he had been running the business (which made up the majority of his inheritance) for eight years.

Source: http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/dec/09/occupy-democrats/occupy-democrats-say-simple-investment-trumps-fath/ 

You're right, what I said is misleading. Regardless, the point still stand that plenty of stupid rich people multiply their wealth. So it's not likely that this fact alone overwhelms the likelihood of his stupidity as evidenced by his formal political positions/statements.
  • Downvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gee

I don't think that 'Brit' qualifies as a racial slur. 

Can any Brits weigh in?

Brit here, rule Britannia!

If they do weigh in, it's going to be in "stones". And who actually knows how that actually works? Limey bastards.

kek. +1.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think that 'Brit' qualifies as a racial slur. 

Can any Brits weigh in?

This is Britain. The (government) McPherson report defines racism as... 

“any incident which is perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person”.

Yup. Britain crossed the Sarkeesian 'everything is sexist' retardation rubicon back in 1999. Even in 1980 the govt (scarman Report) defined it as the utterly inane "power+prejudice=racism" so beloved by SJWs.

BTW, you must be a massive racist for posting in English. What horrific ethnocentrism!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.