Implicit Association Test: Black and White Race

john cena

Racism Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Are you racist?

• No, this test is biased
    • Yes, please continue selling off my unborn children to Satan so that I may relinquish my crushing guilt

So apparently this is a test that can determine if you are racist. 

http://www.understandingprejudice.org/iat/racframe.htm

I figured I might as well try it.. Oh boy.

My results:

Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

Welp, looks like I'll have to cut ties with all my black friends  :confused: 

No but in all seriousness, it seems like the way the test is done is biased. It's a reaction based test, and on the second half it switches the controls around so that I went through much slower. Is this really a valid test as the site claims? I have a feeling if it were to reverse the order of races in the test it would show me as a strong automatic preference for "African Americans"..

I wasn't very surprised with those results honestly. What really bothered me is the fact that a tool is on a website supposedly for "students, teachers, and others interested in the causes and consequences of prejudice.". Yeah it's been 5 years since I was in public school, but damn, indoctrinating students into feeling guilt by using pseudo tests? Seems they've really ramped up the propaganda. 

Apparently there are even textbooks conforming to the narrative of social justice in the USA.. 
http://www.understandingprejudice.org/anthol.htm

I did the test, and got "Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between European American and African American."

I did find though, that when things switched around in the second half, that I was pausing on some words or images and felt like i had made an implicit association of white/good. I dont know if thats cos of my already existing biases, or because the test programmed me to do that in the first half

I have been assaulted and threatened several times in my life, almost always by young black males.  If I have a negative association with people of this demographic, does it mean there is something wrong with me?

By SJW's own logic, you should be treated with tolerance because you're only that way because someone harmed you. 

I did the test, and got "Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between European American and African American."

I did find though, that when things switched around in the second half, that I was pausing on some words or images and felt like i had made an implicit association of white/good. I dont know if thats cos of my already existing biases, or because the test programmed me to do that in the first half

Apparently the results are based on time. So its not even that I selected more wrong answers, it was just that I took longer to do so. I took it again and it showed no preference. However most people, especially children and teachers, probably would only ever take this test once.. 

The test seems somewhat useful to me. As you can see the orders are reversed automatically and some people randomly get different orders. The more relevant question is, if a lot of people have a strong preference one way or the other, why would that be a problem?

Not saying that tests like these are useless, but the way they're often applied seems to be.

Do these people (the test creators) have nothing better to do with money other than create these moronic attempts to study "racism"? Apparently they don't.

In group preference, distrust of strangers, etc, exist, and are built into humans. Racism would fall under those categories. Denying that racism is a thing is just as moronic as saying everything is racist.

• 1 month later...

The test starts off with one set of perimeters, then switches halfway through. Telling someone to practice doing a task one way, then asking them to do another way, the opposite in fact, seems like it would test flexibility more than associations. I wonder if the results would be any different if they had started with the opposite first. 

Anyway, it says I'm racist. 

• Upvote 2

How does the test know what racism is? There's a difference between having a natural in-group preference and hating others. And unless people hating others initiate the use of force against them, their disposition isn't terribly important.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.