You Can't Judge The Immigrants!

Three

Medium Version

A Transcription

0*3C4Hhp1BQ7vSDlxF.png

“Here’s how you can judge the immigrants.

And this is not particular to Muslim immigrants.

‘Ugh, you can’t judge the immigrants!’

Well, you kind of can.

Let’s say that there was some Japanese policy, that you could go live in Japan and you could go and get 5000 dollars a month ‘for free’, so to speak, from the taxpayers in Japan.

And, if I were to think of going for whatever reason, I think I’d say to myself, ‘Well, wait a minute. I haven’t paid into this system. I’m going to go there and I’m going to squat on the necks of the Japanese taxpayers.’ Because the welfare state was originally suppose to work this way: you pay your taxes, if there’s some emergency, we make sure you don’t starve to death until you get back on your feet.

That was sort of how it was suppose to work in the first place and it wasn’t an absolute disaster when it first started. But, I would feel really bad. I would feel really bad and it would stop me from doing it, to go to Japan and know that all the 5000 dollars a month that I was getting was coming from a system I had never paid into and it was being paid for against the Japanese people’s will.

Because it’s tax money, which means they don’t want it. If it’s a charity and someone sponsors me, that’s different. That’s voluntary. Now, this to me is one of the basic tests of the whole migrant situation. And one of the basic tests of the whole migrant situation is, are the migrants emotionally aware that they’re coming here and taking money from a system they never paid into?

The fact that they don’t care means that there’s an empathy mismatch, to put it as nicely as possible. So, what it means is, if they are willing to come and take all of this government money and in the states 90 to 95% of all the Muslim migrants who arrive goes on welfare and a lot of them stay on it for a long time if not forever.

And also there are minimum wage laws, which means in Germany two-thirds of the Syrian migrants are functionally illiterate and there’s been some research that says if they don’t hugely lower the minimum wage laws, then these people can never really produce enough value.
So, they’re going to come on welfare and it’s the same thing with the Hispanics, the people from South and Central America, they’re moving north into the United States, they come and they get on welfare.

Now, do they know that they’ve never paid into this system and that the money has been transferred against the domestic population’s will through the violence of taxation?
Now there’s either one of two options.

Either A. They do know that and they don’t care fundamentally.
“Hey! Free stuff! Who cares? Free stuff.“

It’s not free, assholes. It’s not free. People are working from dawn to dusk, not seeing their kids, to pay for you and your hammock and your tequila. (That’s not of course a reference to the Muslims who are not big on alcohol.)

That is the question.

Either they do know that they’re taking money from people against their will from a system that they never paid into and they don’t fucking care, in which case sorry, you’re an asshole!

They’re coming in and taking money from my pocket through the power of the state.
And either you know that’s happening, but you want the money anyway, in which case you’re an asshole or you don’t even know that, in which case you’re not smart enough to do anything of value in this society.

Either way, not a fan.”

-Stefan Molyneux

(Podcast 3238-1:34:00)

• Upvote 3

"money has been transferred against the domestic population’s will through the violence of taxation?" This is holding the world responsible for not seeing through Libertarian glasses. Regardless of whether such a standard is fair (which personally I do not think it is) It's also completely disconnected from the kinds of lives these people are living. Yes Stephan grew up poor in a single parent household with an abusive mother and a number of other troubles, but I would wager he did not grow up a daughter of a peasant farmer in a country most Americans can't point out on a map. This matters because risking you lives and the lives of your loved ones, spending you life savings, to travel hundreds or thousands of miles covertly in some of the harshest conditions imaginable, just to find yourself faced with migrant farming as your first step in entering society and barely subsisting, might frame how you view the public resources made available to you. I don't know about you, but I like paying very little for my food. Now, either one of two things could happen if we like having crops not rot in the fields: Either A, migrant workers can continue to get absurdly low wages, forcing them to rely on social services, and doing everything through taxation and government or B we have a truly free society and allow migrant workers the same right to be here as anyone, giving them bargaining power and raising the price of food, and allowing the market to work out the details. As a Libertarian I prefer the latter. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.