Icelandic Lessons online via Skype

wizzzardry

Hello,

I'm not totally sure if it is right to post this here, but I teach Icelandic online and have been doing so for 2 years now.

If you are interested in lessons, feel free to send me a message. Also, if you have any comment or criticism, let me know.

I am a native Icelandic speaker. I have an excellent handle of both English and Icelandic. If you want to get a better handle of the Icelandic language, I‘m here to help you. Whether you‘re new to learning – or if you want to take your existing skills further, let me be your guide. It can be both difficult and frustrating, learning Icelandic all on your own. The task may seem daunting at first, and you may have been putting it off for fear that the language is simply too difficult to master My lessons are geared towards solving your problems. The focus is on practical use of the Icelandic language. Examples used apply to real-life situations. I aim to simplify the learning process and tailor it to your specific preferences. If you have any questions, don‘t hesitate to drop me a line. If you feel like you‘ve been putting off the task of learning Icelandic for too long, there‘s no time like the present. All it takes is one little step. I invite you to discover the language of Iceland with me.

best regards,

Your Personal Icelandic Teacher

What is the market like for Icelandic lessons ?  I don't mean to be snarky, just curious.  It seems to me that Icelandic is probably quite difficult, and is spoken by a very small percentage of the global population.  As a tourist I assume you could get by in English, and I'm guessing immigration policy in Iceland is pretty tight.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Totally legit question. Mostly people are dabbling, doing it as a hobby. Icelanders are excellent at English. So there is not a high demand for this type of service, but I have a few clients and make some extra money as is - but would like to make more :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.