Type of Person

RichardY

Was thinking of what a person can generally be considered. Do you agree with my categories, is there a way I could refine these further or add to them, perhaps there is already something similar in existence for classification?

Professional                                (Masterer of their craft)

Innovator/Entrepreneur            (An Expression of an Engineered Truth to serve a persons desires)

Hedonist                                     (Indulging every emotional passion)

Recluse                                       (To have the bare minimum)

Explorer/Researcher                  (Of Things or People)

Servant/Sergeant/Ronin           (Expression of Paternalism, towards someone who knows better?)

Visionary                                     (Love or Pleasure of what might be)

Parasite                             (Who lives on Politics or Religion)

Healer                                 (Who corrects Insanity or Illness)

Opportunist              (What can I do?)

Long Term Planner  (What could I do?)

What are your categories based on?

People, but also how someone might view themself, specifically what motivates them.

Hedonist                                 Any Prodigal Son, maybe Nero.

Explorer/Researcher              Einstein, Newton.

Innovator/Entrepreneur         Steve Jobs, Brunel, Benjamin Franklin.

There is only one way to meaningfully divide people from without: Those who initiate the use of force to achieve their goals and those who will not.

Valid point. Still I wonder the extent someone can resist the use of force to achieve their ends, how powerful can incentive be. As an example if you were to leave alcohol near an alcoholic (Hedonistic) or invite them around they may know for well that stealing it would be wrong, maybe the person they steal it from makes the stuff fairly cheaply illegally, so the thief doesn't view it as a high degree of initiation of force. The equivalent of pinching a few paper napkins or a bagel from a B&B buffet to use later.

Or what if someone who works as a Police Officer comes across a large quantity of money maybe from arresting a drug dealer, they could steal from the Drug Dealer or presumably from the state and use the money to help perhaps a family member who needs medical treatment or maybe go towards their retirement fund. I'm not saying there wouldn't be potentially great risks involved, but they could get shot or stabbed in the line of duty. 

In the Absence of Hierarchy or even people I guess the Innovator/Entrepreneur would be the most successful from a survival point of view. 

People who seek self knowledge and people committed to avoiding it?

I put that in my Recluse category.

A minimalist is someone who has the bare minimum, a recluse is someone who is a mess bcause of it, rather than actively making the choice to have the bare minimum.

A recluse does not immediately indicate being a "mess" as you put it. It has more to do with having an introverted personality than the amount of material possessions they surround themselves with. Introverts can tend to be minimalists by nature as they require less stimuli to gain fulfillment in life whether it be people or stuff.

People, but also how someone might view themself, specifically what motivates them.

Hedonist                                 Any Prodigal Son, maybe Nero.

Explorer/Researcher              Einstein, Newton.

Innovator/Entrepreneur         Steve Jobs, Brunel, Benjamin Franklin.

Valid point. Still I wonder the extent someone can resist the use of force to achieve their ends, how powerful can incentive be. As an example if you were to leave alcohol near an alcoholic (Hedonistic) or invite them around they may know for well that stealing it would be wrong, maybe the person they steal it from makes the stuff fairly cheaply illegally, so the thief doesn't view it as a high degree of initiation of force. The equivalent of pinching a few paper napkins or a bagel from a B&B buffet to use later.

Or what if someone who works as a Police Officer comes across a large quantity of money maybe from arresting a drug dealer, they could steal from the Drug Dealer or presumably from the state and use the money to help perhaps a family member who needs medical treatment or maybe go towards their retirement fund. I'm not saying there wouldn't be potentially great risks involved, but they could get shot or stabbed in the line of duty. 

In the Absence of Hierarchy or even people I guess the Innovator/Entrepreneur would be the most successful from a survival point of view. 

I put that in my Recluse category.

What do you define as a recluse though?

I mean some people I know are very "extraverted" but are committed to avoiding any self knowledge?

By recluse, I thought you implied a person who is hermetic, stays at home all day, avoids social interaction etc.?

What do you mean by the Truth?

Here, I mean that the only meaningful way to divide people... see above. To provide arbitrary division only serves to distract people from this truth. Which is how we end up at a point where you wonder the extent someone can resist the initiation of the use of force to achieve their goals. If they are educated as to the truth of property rights, then they become responsible for such immorality. Your attempt at categorizations will not bring people closer to this understanding, but could serve to take them farther away by pretending that there is more than one way to meaningfully categorize people.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.