The most mysterious star in the universe

Black holes, to the best of my understanding and corrections welcomed, exist only as abstractions in people's minds. Empirically, as the reading I have done suggests against its existence.

Good video btw, cheers.  :)

I just watched this sub link: Stephen Crothers: Why Black Holes Don’t Exist

That is really good, at first pass seems solid math and physics.  It doesn't make claims to know reality, but rather focuses on how claims by Einstein and others have serious weak spots seemingly patched by wishful thinking.  Also noted in passing is that the very first suggestions for what we now call Big Bang came from a Catholic priest trying to reconcile science and religion.

Black holes, to the best of my understanding and corrections welcomed, exist only as abstractions in people's minds. Empirically, as the reading I have done suggests against its existence.

Good video btw, cheers.  :)

All theoretical science uses abstract mathematical models, but to claim that a mathematical approximation equals the non existence of what is being approximated is not accurate. You can make an equation detailing the path of a flying baseball, but the baseball still exists. By the way, no, Einstein was right and still is right. It would be the biggest scientific event of the century the overturn of GR, yet you only find niche blogs on the internet claiming they found proof he was wrong.

sb's link is worth checking.  At least two sub links are garbage, what are they doing there?  But don't let it steer you away.  I've just had two days of I don't know how many hours following them.  There is very good material in there.  Resist the urge to blow off all of it because of those two bogus links or any pre-conceptions.  In the Crothers video, follow the math discussion, good points are made.  In the two part series, watch it, then judge.  Seems like pretty good science to me, and the point is made in an article about sociology of scientists, plus those two parters, about groupthink and job threat if not on the bandwagon.  Same crap as global warming or medical fraud, so don't dismiss out of hand that mainstream isn't going along.  Anyone even asks questions, valid and good questions, and it's goodbye job.

Have you researched the refutations by physicists? Those make more sense to me.

I was going to add that I am in no way current and this is new stuff.  Yet I can follow discussions or math just fine.  

There are so many links I pursued, that many topics large or small were touched upon.  The plasma topic is extremely interesting.  There are other topics scattered about, so it's tricky to make completely general statements.  Do you have refutations links?  Keeping in mind, we haven't really detailed what's being refuted.  

Someplace starting from the link way above, I found a paper about the groupthink in astrophysics.  I didn't bookmark it, but it was easy enough to find.

I'm just finishing this, all about black holes.  The title is theatrically dramatic, it's quite fascinating.  

The Black Hole Wars: My Battle with Stephen Hawking - YouTube

Bottom line:  I'm mind boggled and enjoying the journey.

I authored the article SB linked to.  I saw the link-back come through my site and thought I'd pop in and say hi.

Obviously I'm pretty familiar with the subject of electric cosmology, so if you have questions I can probably point you in the right direction for answers.

• 1 month later...

The missing waste heat signature is a good argument against the alien mega structure hypothesis for the KIC 8462852 mystery, but only if it's assumed that the missing sunlight energy is being used within that solar system. If the structures were simple mirrors reflecting sunlight to a distant place then there would be no waste heat at the star to observe.

The giant hypothetical mirrors could be part of a low-tech galactic mining program. Solar sails from many stars could be blown to a central point and reshaped into space colonies for an ever expanding population.

I have an earlier post in the "Libertarianism, Anarchism and Economics" forum titled "Automation Tech - Force Majeure?" It explains why we'll have the power to launch our own galactic mining operation in a few decades and asks what our society might look like in the automation age.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Our sun is actually extraordinary....  

...very stable... much moreso than most

and located in a special place between arms of the galaxy so that a planet around it such as earth can see deep into the universe and also see the arms fo the galaxy... and ideal place for life and the observation of the universe...  

http://www.slideshare.net/MichaelScaman/right-hand-of-god-in-psalms

Is it possible the object was not just blocking the light but pulling material from the star?  maybe causing huge solar flares?

maybe that would cause something asymetrical?

Our sun is actually extraordinary....  

...very stable... much moreso than most

and located in a special place between arms of the galaxy so that a planet around it such as earth can see deep into the universe and also see the arms fo the galaxy... and ideal place for life and the observation of the universe...  

http://www.slideshare.net/MichaelScaman/right-hand-of-god-in-psalms

Is it possible the object was not just blocking the light but pulling material from the star?  maybe causing huge solar flares?

maybe that would cause something asymetrical?

Our system is unusual because more than half of stars are binary (or more) where for us Jupiter is 1/80th the mass needed to make our system a binary, and that contributes a great deal to stability. Most stars (90%) are actually smaller than the sun, but our star is hardly amazing in size compared to supergiants. Our sun is a middle-aged, third generation star with a cache of heavier elements ticked away, kinda keeping to himself in a less dense part of the galaxy, free to work on hobbies and tend to the farm.

I have no expertise to speculate on the video, which is kinda why is fascinated me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.