The Truth About Malcolm X? Good show idea?

Does Stef see these messages? I am noticing that Malcolm X is starting to come up a lot in discussions surrounding race relations in the USA as of late, and I thing a Truth About Malcolm X would be a great video to see. Methinks the celebration of this figure is far more misplaced than the celebration of MLK, and we can see how flawed MLK is.

what surprising or shocking facts would come up about Malcolm?  My impression is that he was taken in by the more militant and fanatical Muslim extremists, which is obviously not good.  But he also encouraged some degree of self-reliance, and the right of blacks to self-defense, whereas MLK and others turned the other cheek, and went to the State for help.  He was also critical of black leaders for "making deals" with the Democratic Party with its history of racism.  He also began to stray from the Nation of Islam doctrine and encouraged a less hostile tone, which may have been what got him killed.  So there's some good stuff and some bad stuff there from what little I know.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.